Thread: NAPA seals/gasket Part Number Q: t-case & axle

Default NAPA seals/gasket Part Number Q: t-case & axle

Does anyone have a part number for a NAPA sourced NP200 seals and gasket kit? I am loosing a lot of oil. Oil leaks are my bugaboo!

On that note: How about a NAPA part number for the Dana 70 rear axle shaft flange gasket? I got one from VPW/M-715 and it was a 6 stud gasket vs. the 8 that I need. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by 44willysmb View Post
    Does anyone have a part number for a NAPA sourced NP200 seals and gasket kit? I am loosing a lot of oil. Oil leaks are my bugaboo!

On that note: How about a NAPA part number for the Dana 70 rear axle shaft flange gasket? I got one from VPW/M-715 and it was a 6 stud gasket vs. the 8 that I need. Thanks in advance
    AB Linn has NOS kits. They are sealed so I assume the parts are OK. I paid $10 for the set. Price may be different now.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

AB Linn has the Np200 gasket kits yet as mentioned.

I made my own axle gaskets.

[IMG][/IMG]

Get a piece of steel pipe or tubing about 6 inches long with the same diameter that you need, and grind an edge on a grinding wheel. See the sharp end of the pipe in the pic.

Lay the pre-cut gasket on what you want the pattern from, and tap it with a ball peen hammer to make light indents in the gasket material.

Pound out the holes with the pipe.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

Great idea. Another useful skill to learn.

You'll have to provide your own source of gasket material. I believe these were paper gaskets originally.

I used to work at a place in the shipping dept. In the same town there was a company that made gaskets. Sometimes in the LTL trucks, there were pallets of cutoff gasket material that was recycled. I borrowed some of that sheeting.

Put a piece of soft wood underneath the gasket, so as not to damage the sharp end when you cut thru. Your local hardware store has many diameters of plumbing and electrical pipes to choose from.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13