Thread: Rain drains from bed into toolbox

Default Rain drains from bed into toolbox

Whenever it rains, the water travels downhill to the front of the bed and empties into the toolbox. I have a feeling it was not designed to do this. I'm not seeing any rust other than on the surface. What and where should I be looking for leaks? Thanks.

Default Rain drains from bed into toolbox

It's doing just like u say. The hills and valleys in the bed creat gaps at the front. It's running in there. They are made that way.

I fixed mine by lifting the back of the bed up at a 45 degree angle and then filling the gaps with bedliner. You have to tilt the bed so the stuff doesn't run into the box. I can post pics if u like. Or look in my build thread. "Charlie Hunter"

I used bedliner because I'll eventually line my bed. If you are not going to line your bed you can choose something else to seal it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might want to try some silicone sealer in there. Either colored or clear if you don't want it to show readily.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

Or if your at the carwash, all the dirt and crap washes in there,,,,,,,,,,kinda makes you want to kick an engineer right square in the "NUTS"

Lee