Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cummins in a M715

1968 M715
    1968 M725

Do you have any pics of the intercooler install?

I didn't snap any pics of that. Mikel will have to divulge those secrets...
    1968 M715
    1968 M725

Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS UNGER View Post
    Do you have any pics of the intercooler install?
    I don't have any good pictures of that. I used a '91-93 Dodge CTD intercooler, right in front of the stock radiator location. I had to tweak the driver's side inner fender to allow some room for the intercooler outlet.

I ended up narrowing the black out lights so they wouldn't stick out abnormally out of the front balance.

I found some old pictures that show the intercooler being installed, but they aren't too good. I hope they help.

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks for the pics. I can see an innercooler in my future and that looks like it fits perfect.

I agree thanks for the intercooler pictures, gives me a better idea of how it fits in...Thanks
    - Luke
    1968 M715 the Monolith

Does the Chev Dana axle share the same bolt pattern as the original 715 rims or did you have to modify or change hubs and/or rims? They llok like the stock one in the pics.
    Also, back to clearance dispute, where does this idea come from that the 6bt oil pan will not clear the axle? Would the stock axles work with this refit?

Quote Originally Posted by major519 View Post
    Does the Chev Dana axle share the same bolt pattern as the original 715 rims or did you have to modify or change hubs and/or rims? They llok like the stock one in the pics.
    Also, back to clearance dispute, where does this idea come from that the 6bt oil pan will not clear the axle? Would the stock axles work with this refit?

The chevy axle has the standard 8 lug pattern. I made spacers that have that pattern on one side and the M715 pattern on the other, allowing the M715 rims to be mounted.

Quote Originally Posted by major519 View Post
    Chevy D60 - 8 lug
    M715 D60 - 6 lug

Unless you already have custom rims for the M715 its in your benefit to take advantage of the chevy's modern 8 lug pattern, the are tons rims available and it gets you away from using the split rims.
    - Luke
    1968 M715 the Monolith