Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another change of plans... 6.2 Hyd Clutch?

Thanks for all of the replies, I'm still reading everything
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

I just looked up pics of 63 Jeep MC, and the dodge & GM MC and slave. RockAuto has some good pictures there. That looks pretty simple. The hardest part looks to be making a bracket for the slave cylinder
    Thanks, George

The 86 and newer sm465's have the bracket for the slave cylinder cast into the bell.

Quote Originally Posted by wrecker View Post
    The 86 and newer sm465's have the bracket for the slave cylinder cast into the bell.
    Unfortunately, I have 2 - 465s, a 2wd and 4wd version both of them the older style bell housing. I watched a few of the hydraulic bell housings on ebay for about 6 months, placed a few bids. Evidently, there is gold under the aluminum coating

It would be cheaper going with the Novak or Parts Mike kit.

I do appreciate the input though, Wrecker
    Last edited by Flingarrows; March 23rd, 2011 at 06:48 AM.
    Thanks, George

Yes, they have the round ended push rod for the pedal. I just used a 2" piece of flat steel to connect the pedal post to the eye on the pushrod. That way the pushrod didn't need to be cut and could stay pretty flat during its travel. The post is so low on the stock pedal that is swings in a rather large arc. I will try to get pictures because I know this isn't explaining things too good.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    Yes, they have the round ended push rod for the pedal. I just used a 2" piece of flat steel to connect the pedal post to the eye on the pushrod. That way the pushrod didn't need to be cut and could stay pretty flat during its travel. The post is so low on the stock pedal that is swings in a rather large arc. I will try to get pictures because I know this isn't explaining things too good.
    If you could dig up a picture or two, that would be great
    Thanks, George

Here you go. The pedal with the adaptor plate:

Here is the master with remote resevoir mounted on the firewall:

We don't have a clutch in the truck yet, so we haven't set the flat iron transfer bar to the exact length it needs to be. I just had the kid making the part to install for Pistolnut make two and bolt the other onto the truck for Sermis. Otherwise, the pedal would be all the way up and the bar a little shorter.
    Last edited by Barrman; March 24th, 2011 at 09:21 AM.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

Thanks, that makes sense now. Are you using a hydro bell housing or making a bracket?
    Thanks, George

The truck with the pictures has a 6BT engine in it and a Dodge hydro bell. Bolts right up.

Mine with the Chevy NV4500 has the Chevy hydro bell. Again bolts right up but is in the way of the passenger side drop front drive shaft.

The other thread linked to a few post up is a 350 SBC with a M35a2 3053A 5 speed. Everything was fabricated on that one.

Awesome, thanks
    Thanks, George