Thread: fisherman : Crud Thug

Default fisherman : Crud Thug

Crud Thug
    Post by fisherman on Jul 15, 2006, 10:37pm

Used one today on the bottom of my cab. A friend brought one over and gave it to me awhile back.. I'll post pics soon, it runs on air and does an incredible job of removing crud, paint whatever. Took less than an hour to do the bottom of the cab. Finished welding the underside where my custom rockers were installed. Catalized all the rust. Will finish the other side tomorrow. I am taking pics so I will post before during and after shots of the work I'm doing as the underside of the cab comes together. Finally a couple days to work on my truck. Fisherman

Default dummy :

Re: Crud Thug
    Post by dummy on Jul 16, 2006, 8:43am

I've had one for years. Nothing is better for blasting through that thick layer of 90W/dirt/grease encrustment on engines, transmissions, and t-cases. Even if the stuff is like concrete it'll take it down to bare metal. I've done maybe 3 or 4 engines, 3 or 4 trannies, and about 6 t-cases and only swapped out the wire wheel once.

Mine's by Snap-On, but I've seen the same tool private labeled for other brands as well.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?....re&dir=catalog

Default fisherman :

Re: Crud Thug
    Post by fisherman on Jul 16, 2006, 9:42am

Been using mine for about 3 months off and on. I haven't had to replace one wheel yet either. Will probably last for the rest of my truck, pretty much just the frame now. This one came from Snap On as well. Better plan on getting diry.