Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Jungle Rot

I work in a medical office for lack of better words. There is a sterile operating room where I prepare kidneys for transplant, offices, etc. There is barely enough room in the parking lot for a UPS truck so freight is out of the question.

With that type of work I do..... parts are looked at kinda funny.

For giggles, Ill have stuff shipped in my coworkers name. Imagine a Lisa getting brake rotors, or a transmission for instance. I always keep them guessing. As long as they are supportive of me doing it and let me use the business address to ship stuff to I cant complain.

Guess Im going to have to post pics of my kidney lab huh?

Ill post up the seat details tomorrow while Im in a meeting. Thats where I get a lot of my Ebay, parts orders, and forum updates done..... at the office.

Default Seats!!!!!!

Well the computer took a dump on me Thursday. I didnt get a chance to load up the pictures of the infamous seats. I received the shipping invoice and it stated 585 pounds on the skid. I received them and they are 92 pounds a piece.

Going to ask the freight company about this and possible better business bureau. That was more than twice the weight I was charged off of.

Anyway, the seats are from an MRAP. They are rated for explosions. Also have integrated harnesses. The price I got them for (new take outs) was less than a suspension seat plus harness. Plus these recline and are COMFY!!!!

Forgot to mention, They are manufactured by GSS and are the Cobra seat.

Last edited by tndonor; November 27th, 2009 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Image being used without permission by member on Ebay

Those seats look really nice. and comfy. Will make long drives pretty easy.

Hey man like the seats do you happen to have the link to the sight. and if you don't mind how much. Nice very nice

No kidding! I could use a couple of sets of those

http://www.globalseating.com/cobra.php

I would shutter to think how much they retail for. I got them from someone off steelsoldiers who got them from a GSA auction. They were $500 for the pair. I was looking at Corbeau Baja seats. They dont recline and they are more $$$ seeing I sould have to buy the harnesses as well. These seats have the harness tied into the seat frame..... less mounting.

Corbeau does make a reclining seat but it was way more money. Just a lucky find I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by tndonor View Post
    http://www.globalseating.com/cobra.php

I would shutter to think how much they retail for. I got them from someone off steelsoldiers who got them from a GSA auction. They were $500 for the pair. I was looking at Corbeau Baja seats. They dont recline and they are more $$$ seeing I sould have to buy the harnesses as well. These seats have the harness tied into the seat frame..... less mounting.

Corbeau does make a reclining seat but it was way more money. Just a lucky find I guess.
    I am glad they made it to you ok! Also.....the weight listed on the Bill of Lading is always wrong......it doesnt matter if it is 50lbs or 1500lbs, the price is the same ($205 to a commercial address).

I have sold 5 sets of these so far to M715 guys in the last 2 weeks. If anyone else here wants some, I have 30-40 left, but they have been going fast!

Here is my ad over on SteelSoldiers --> http://steelsoldiers.com/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=2485

Also....the retail price that Uncle Sam paid for these bad boys is $2500 PER SEAT!!! And the manufacture date was Mid 2008!

I can ship up to 4 seats to your commercial address for $205.00 (95% of quotes are that....MAY be higher....email me for an exact quote).

I can be reached at dmcguinn@gmail.com OR 540-305-5000

Thanks!

Daniel

Daniel, glad you made it over here. Im loving the seats! I have had some shipping compinies say the same about what was on the bill was irrelevant. Then when the weight on the bill was increased, the difference "owed" was increased. I ran into this shipping a few motors and made them back down the price as it was effecting the price in that instance.