Thread: Tornado Temp?

For you guys still running the Tornado in your rig. What size thermostat are you currently running? I put a 190 in mine and am having trouble with it running hot. I had no trouble with the old one but since it wass stuck wide open it never got warm enough. So I know the radiator is not plugged up. I am just wondering if I go back to a 180 if this will help solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Default M37 help

65glad,
    I had the exact same problem. I had high temps with the 190 but when I put a 180 thermostat in it I had no problems. It runs 180 degrees even at 95 in Florida.
    Steven

I run a 195 and never pass 200 degrees...but I live in northern Wisconsin and have a new radiator and pretty much the whole cooling system is as clean as possible or is new. In 90 degree weather and high humidity, it doesnt pass 200 running around in low gears all afternoon.
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I have no idea what my thermostat is rated at. However, it will fluctuate between 185-190 draging trees in low low in the Texas summer heat. Today, I pulled more than 8,500 pounds at 40-60 miles per hour up and down hills in 60 degree humid weather. It may not help you much, but I would almost gaurantee that mine is a 190.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I am going to go back to running the 180. Also what lbs are your radiator caps? Thanks in advance.

The stock cap is listed at 13 lbs...I run a 15 pound cause I dont know where to get a 13 like stock...close enough I figures.
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Mine runs 180 pretty much all the time. Nice and stable. All stock 24 volt.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21