Thread: Automatic Tranny

Default Rear Axle

Can anyone give me some input on putting and auto in my 67??? Is this a good idea and what is the easiest one that will (if at all possiable) bolt up with very little mods????

I assume that you plan to do an engine swap at the same time. If that is the case then motor and trans mounts, possible length of short shaft change and brake/t-case levers mount relocation are the main things to worry about. If you plan on keeping the stock engine, then I have no clue what will work.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Default If Jeaner gives up the scrilla, what should B purchase???

I already have a SBC hooked up to the t98 but I want to quiet things down with auto and np205... Just need to know what direction to go...

If you've got a divorced tcase, a 700r4 is an easy swap, or any other auto you want to stick in there. The older, like late 80's 700r4's have the kinks worked out but aren't all electronic lockup and all that. OD is nice. If you don't have to screw around w/the transfer case, all you need to swap is the linkage or a floor shifter for the auto, a new mount, and the jackshaft.
    **I heart Bump_r **

I had the same set up in mine-sbc w/t98 and i converted to a TH350. I had to move the t. case back two inches to fit a custom very short jack shaft. I also had to have new front/rear shafts made up. If I had to do it again I would move the engine foward instead, it would be much easier and cheaper.