Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: water pump bearing

Default water pump bearing

hi all does anyone know the water pump bearing number for the 230 or what bearing to use? mine has just become quite noisy, thanks.

The last post in this thread has some bearing info...not sure we have ever found a replacement that is good to go:

http://m715zone.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6989

thanks brute4c i did look at those threads and if the bearing specs are correct there the bearing is a standard size od. however the shaft length will most likely be not.we used to be able to buy a universal water pump bearing with extended shafts that you cut to length, going to town today to check it out.

N. Liberty Iowa- 41deg 44' 48" N, 91deg 36' 36.4" W

Default the water pump bully

Quote Originally Posted by berkahna View Post
    ... if the bearing specs are correct there the bearing is a standard size od. however the shaft length will most likely be not.we used to be able to buy a universal water pump bearing with extended shafts that you cut to length...
    So what you're saying is that after beating my head bloody against the wall of retro-fitting (and breaking and repairing) that there is in fact a virtually direct replacement part out there? At least when my junk fails, next time I rebuild, it will go easyer...
    M-715's as big as FSJ's come

well i ordered a universal water pump bearing of the correct measurements apart from the extended shafts which will be cut to length,there was no problem in getting this. i dismantled the water pump today first removing the impeller with a chain vise grip around it and twisting it and carefully prising ,it came off, a little heat helps,next the pully, this was more difficult i had to make a puller to pull on the 4 fan bolt holes and push on the end of the shaft a bit of heat is needed here, the thread in the centre of the pulley is useless for the job .i achieved all this without damage.next it is simple to remove the seal and bearing, the seal is much the same as a lot of others i have seen so there will be no problem.warning! you need to be in the right frame of mind to tackle this but it wasnt too bad .next will be assembly keep you posted.

Pic's Please!

cant get image shack to upload for me at this stage will keep trying

well after a few hassels i finally got it on dont know what the bit at the bottom of pic is though. as you can see i made the puller out of flat steel and drilled out the small thread in the end of the pulleyto 1/2 in so you can get a decent piece of rod in there to push on , worked good for me.