Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cummins 5.9 in M715

Sand blasted the rusty spots in the cab and put some bed liner in. Had to clean the sand out with a leaf blower for almost 30 minutes. Still getting some sand out though. Oh well.

Laid some rustoleum rusty metal primer and paint down first. I've had better luck with the bedliner sticking to paint than bare metal.

Rustoleum flat black.

Still a bit wet.
    I decided to try the rustoleum bedliner.

The canvas top that the Jeep came with, I decided to wash it a few weeks back.

Well, I shrunk it too. Oops! lol. It shrunk 6" to short from side to side. Bummer. Oh well. I wanted to make a hard top before winter anyways, this just helped to motivate me. Spent Labor day weekend plus 2 days fabbing a top and back up. I didn't get completely done, but done enough so that I can finish the little touches later.

Lining up and test fitting the back section.

Oh yeah, added new seat belts.

The top and rear, and top panel are all removable to drive topless in the summer. And also if I need to easily change or upgrade them later. Still need to insulate and maybe put a better rear window in. I went with some lexan for the rear window. If time allowed, a sliding window might be nice. Also just rattle bombed it so i wasn't driving around with bare steel.

Here's some pics of the top done-ish. I matched the paint as close as I can for now.

One more for today.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Man, you've made some great progress!

Nice Charger too!
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

1968 Charger??? Man...dont tell me it black on black with a big block...R/T? Hemi? 4 speed or auto??

I think the most beautiful car in the world is the 68 Charger R/T, black on black with a hemi 4 speed and the factory rallye wheels.

Truck is looking good too...wish I had your fab skills. One question...what are all the bolts in the floor pans about? Is this something I never noticed in the M725 body? Ridden in them but never owned one... Or something from the conversion or?
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I agree with Jon and the charger *drools* Nice work on the truck too it's lookin real good. That hard top gives it a really mean look
    Chris

Thanks yall!

The Charger is black on black. 383, 727 with a manual valve body and a gearvendors. Took 4-5 years to build. 440 and 4 speed are sitting in a corner waiting....

Here's one of my therapy sessions.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A9ABFKGypQ

All those bolts in the floor are from the previous owners doing some rust fixing. Also I was told that there were various engines and trannies in there before the Cummins, so that adds to the extra bolts some. When time allows, I'd like to remove all those 'patches' and weld some proper panels in. Not that there is anything wrong with whats bolted in, but that's just me.

The squared ambulance doors and the new hardtop give it an up-armored look.
    Roy