Thread: I'm looking for....

The high beam light cover. You know the metal cover with the small hole in it with the red plastic behind it. I have the red plastic part but I am missing the metal cover. Does anybody have a parts truck that they could part with this piece? My red plastic piece is kinda chewed up but workable. If you had both I would be happy to buy it from you... Thanks! Al.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

the first is the whole light. im using one for locker engage light, one for pto, and the other is highbeam
    http://saturnsurplus.com/lights/dashlight.htm

just the covers
    http://saturnsurplus.com/lights/bulblenses.htm

Thanks Lee!! Way cool. I'll order the lower set....

Default Military Vehicles Magazine Feb issue disturbing pic....

Al, I'll check at lunch, but I think my spare gauge cluster has those still in it. E-mail me your addy and I'll ship it to ya.
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

Doug, you da man!! I'll do that.

Man, I missed the boat! I thought my indicator was messed up (it lit dimly on low beams, and full bright on hi beams - but was hard to tell the difference at a glance - had to togggle to be sure) So I removed the indicator and bided (bode?) my time for a new one. Lo and behold, my 3-lever switch fried-out. I replaced it, and a few years (yeah, not a real ball of fire, huh?) later go tot thinking - hmmm, maybe the loose metal parts in the switch were responsible fo tthe odd indicator function - so I hooked it back up. HEY! It worked on/off instead of bright/dim! I scrounged up the cover, and found the plastic threaded part was broken. Pieces missing. So I rotated the thing to where the red plastic shielded as much light as possible and glued 'er in place with permatex RTV!

So, iff'n anyone else has a freebie, I'll take it at FE.
    "other peoples junk, is something or other" - Militarypotts 02/07/2011

Bumpr, That site that Lee posted is great. That lower set is real reasonable. Since Doug offered up his generosity I'm gonna take him up on that for the meager cost of a beer or four at the FE. I secretly think this was his way of roping me into going for sure. Crafty bugger....