Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Matter of View

Default A Matter of View

Agengr was at the house Wednesday evening. Sanding, taping, prepping and painting went on until almost midnight. The goal is to get the truck done and ready to drive so he can take it to A&M for his senior year. Here is the truck pre-paint the other night.

He also wants to register it as a Former Military Vehicle. Which is legal in Texas. But, they need a picture of the completed truck to process the paper work. So, today we put stuff together, applied the markings, took this picture and printed it out so he can go to the title people on Monday.

Here is what they won't see at the title office.

It all depends on which view you get.

He took the windshield frame back home with him to have the glass installed during the week. We also pulled his radiator and water pump off so it will actually drive more than a few miles before it boils over once newer, cleaner ones are put back in.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Thats a good looking truck! In the pic that was sent to the title office, What can I see going across the radiator near the top?

That's the wiring harness going to the passenger side lights. I haven't ziptied it back up.
    It's no little problem.

UP?! Mine was run across the bottom and had two wire ties holding it in place. Oh well, I'm sure it was from a former owner. As long as my lights work, what do I care .

Well Texas must be behind the times a bit...lol...here in New Jersey, the DMV wants a complete side picture and a front picture - total of two pictures.

You can always just take a picture of someone else's M715 and use that...they all look alike anyway.

Nice job! That looks like the fruit of a lot of hard labor.

There is no intent to decieve the state. By the time the plates are on the truck, it will be all green and proper. This is just a paperwork starter picture.

We were going to put my truck next to his with the M35(r) and Sermis' M37 in the back ground so the state would get the proper perspective, but decided a green background uncluttered would be best.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Probably best to keep it simple in the pic. The one thing I've learned when dealing with the state DMV, is to treat them like a mushroom!

It looks like the door says CERTIFIED ROAD HAZARD. I think think that should stay- gonz
    Last edited by gonz; August 6th, 2007 at 06:03 PM. Reason: spelin'
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Quote Originally Posted by gonz View Post
    It looks like the door says CERTIFIED ROAD HAZARD. I think think that should stay- gonz
    That was the absolute truth when I put that on the truck two years ago. I like to think it's a little better now.

My brother took all the necessary paper work that I signed to the county tax assesor's office today. I called beforehand and they said that would be fine. After several calls to Austin, they decided that the office 'was not equipped' to handle this. I had called them two weeks ago to alleviate the confusion for when I was ready to register the truck, but apparently that didn't work. So now I have to mail the paperwork to Austin. Austin will send the liscense plate back to the local office, then I can go there and pay for it.

On the application for body style, I put 'cargo truck'. This apparently confused them and they kept asking my brother if it was a van and eventually he got them to understand that it's just a TRUCK with a bed.

Oh well, the road goes on forever and the party never ends.
    It's no little problem.