Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hydraulic pump off tansmission pto?

A willys cj pto comes off the transfer case, so at the PTO shift unit with the tranny in 3rd gear (direct) the shaft turns the same rpm as the engine. I am not sure what the gear reduction is on the bumper mounted pto box. You will need to find out what the 715 pto turns at, if it is the same as the engine, then the Willys box would be the way to go, if it turns at 1/2 the engine speed then you would need a lot of rpm to get 530 at the back end. If you need a Willys rear box I have a spare I would sell. Interesting project!.

Lee

I like that idea, the only thing is that the since the winch PTO points forward so I need a way to get power to go to the back of the truck. Hub city has a great selection of parallel shaft gearboxes, so once I have a lot more hard numbers on the forces, speeds, and space to work with I'll make a selection. I have a lot of other priorities before that though, the point of this thread was to decide whether this is worth planning around in the long term.

I think the mechanical route for the PTO is superior because it would allow me to do this totally separately from the hydraulics, which means that one part not working won't hold up the whole project.

http://www.hubcityinc.com/documents/...haftDrives.pdf

Thanks a bunch guys, this will be fun.

I do believe you could buy a new Chelsea or Munci pto that has a shaft in bolth directions. Have fun!.

Lee