Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New 68 M715

If you do not have the data plates on the dash, the frame is numbered, see here: http://www.m715zone.com/vb/view.php?pg=vin_registry
    Jonnie

Default It's alive!!!

I finally got my 68 running. It smokes and clicks but it's a start. (Last ran in 88) my new problem is brake lights and turn signals. Where can I find a diagram for the wiring for the turn signals and brake lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Rtech1841 View Post
    I finally got my 68 running. It smokes and clicks but it's a start. (Last ran in 88) my new problem is brake lights and turn signals. Where can I find a diagram for the wiring for the turn signals and brake lights.
    At the top of this page, there are many resources. The link below should be what you are looking for. It was drawn by Ron Boltz, a member here (Thanks again Ron!).

http://www.m715zone.com/vb/pages/man...ck_distbox.pdf

Default Brakes/ Lug pattern

After several months of labor we finally got the engine running on its own power. Now we need to get the stopping fixed, my question is, where can I find brake parts that wont break the bank. (completely stock 68) and I read somewhere that the bolt pattern is unique and its hard to find wheels to replace the stock split rims. How true is this, are they similar to the commander?

With the stock axles you're stuck with the stock wheels or custom made wheels. Recentered HMMWV wheels are popular.

You've seen the wheel cylinder conversion thread.

Here's a thread on adapting Chevy brake shoes to fit.
    oilcan : modified modern brake shoes for stock axles

I thought I'd seen a thread on a different part # shoe that was a closer fit but can't find it.

Sometimes I see stock brake linings on ebay. Or there may be an outfit close to you that can reline your old shoes.

Default 4wd and engine.

Moved my M for the first time in a while. Decided to try the 4wd... it worked fine but now its locked in 4wd I cant seem to get the lever to move back. Also my original engine is hurting where can I find a rebuild kit or what have people done to rebuild the engine? Thanks!

Drive in reverse while pushing it out of 4 wheel. It’s bound up but should release.
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Quote Originally Posted by gonz View Post
    Drive in reverse while pushing it out of 4 wheel. It’s bound up but should release.
    And if that doesn't work, drive it on grass or dirt and try again.