Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 24084 or 24087? Please help!

still looking for more of a green....

This is the 383 green,same as on the humvee's. I have 2 extra gallons for sale.

What code is it? 34094?
    Last edited by GMB; January 2nd, 2011 at 02:16 PM.

I just looked up a color that I think is what I'm looking for (AJPWWII) Does anybody here have a picture of their truck in this color?

Default paint code

Yep that's HMMWV CUCV green. The color of mtlbeast67's truck. Also the AJP green wwII-1957 is a good looking OD green. You right 24087 though correct for the truck has a brown tint to it and depending on the amount of sun light and the angle it can go from a deep green to a bright brown.
    Zone holster maker

23070 Gillespie is late WWII-1957. My freind painted his M38 that color and it looks great, much greener than do-do brown 24087. I am not too fond of the brown look either. For what it is worth, I have some old M38A1s that you can see several different layers of paint and every one is a different shade of GREEN, some lighter and some are very dark.

I am contemplating a repaint in the 23070 as I just don't like the brown look.

You are right, 24087 is the code everyone refers to, but their is definitely a brown tint to it. I never remember that being the color of these trucks when I drove them during the Vietnam era. My truck is what I call a sun faded O.D. Personally I like the way it looks. To each his own i guess.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

The color from 1945 to 1957 ish is a more greener green than 24087. Also as 24087 ages it gets more green and starts to loose it's brown tint. Or at least the original laqure did. 24087 is also a camilian color in that depending on the lighting it can be olive brown, olive green, dark green or even look black in low light.

On another note GIs use to take a can of cronstruction yellow and a can of black and mix them together to make GI OD Green. So you may see that on your vehicle also.
    Zone holster maker

Quote Originally Posted by Binford View Post
    Here's mine in USMC "forest green" (24052):

Hi, i love the color on yours. I was wondering where you purchased your paint. Many people claim to be selling that paint code but some look a little more green or brown or whatever.