Thread: engine swap

Default engine swap

Was curious to hear from anyone close to me ( southern PA) if they know of someone that does engine swaps and how much something like that would cost. If I cant get this thing running right I will just swap the whole thing over to a SB 350 or even a 4bt.

Blog Entries

I was seriously considering that as well. I even went so far as to buy all the parts, Novak adapter, bell housing, mounts, exhaust manafolds, etc, etc. Everything I'd need. Then the shop that was going to do the work went belly up.

Since then I've put a new carb, fuel pump, stainless tank, plugs, and Pertonix on it, adjusted the valves, and it runs like a CHAMP!!! Problem now is it blows oil out the timing chain cover seal BAD!!! If I can't pull that damper IN THE truck and change the seal out myself I may be in the market again for someone to change out the engine.

So ... curious as well what people think that will cost ... sans the parts. Labor only.
    Last edited by teking; December 16th, 2017 at 10:23 AM.

I drove my 230 I6 from off the car trailer... and maybe 15 miles then put it out of commission for my Cummins6BT/ZF 5 speed OD swap.

Also swapped axles (staying spring under like OEM) 4 wheel power disc, hydroboost, power steering, more turning radius, common locally available NAPA parts, OD transmission, 4.10 axle gears, and a posi rear just all sounded too good...

for a vehicle THAT I WANTED to daily drive.... alot of OEM guys daily theres also... it can be done... but just have to have the steering arms and pedal pushing to handle the truck in modern traffic settings...

I opted to make it easier.
    67' M715/5.9 Cummins/ZF5/NP205