Thread: steve715 : Holley Projection fuel injection

Default steve715 : Holley Projection fuel injection

Holley Projection fuel injection
    Post by steve715 on Aug 20, 2006, 9:34am

Hi all; Its been a while since my last visit. Nice to see some familiar names back! I have a chance to get a Holley f/i system (used and i'm not sure of the model # yet). Just wondering if anybody has experience with it and if it's worth putting on my 351 Cleveland. Thanks.

Default compexp :

Re: Holley Projection fuel injection
    Post by compexp on Aug 20, 2006, 10:49am

From talking to a friend who has done similar, once you get it set and running, it's great. Keep in mind, you may have to add an O2 sensor and other parts.

Default tacomainoh :

Post by tacomainoh on Aug 20, 2006, 11:08am

Model number makes a difference, but it's a decent system.... The O2 sensor is for closed loop operation, which is better in my opinion, it should adjust itself that way. I haven't installed mine yet, but it looks pretty simple to setup and tune. Barry swears by it on his truck.

If you're not running big angles or elevation changes, carbs are fine. In the rough, steep, and high, EFI rocks.

Default steve715 :

Post by steve715 on Aug 20, 2006, 7:55pm

Thanks for the replies. A guy i work with pulled it off his friends Chevy. I believe it's complete other than buying a bung for the o2 sensor. I'm not afraid of installing it, but i would like to get rid of my Holley carb. Besides it will take money away from my D 60/14 swap! Ill try to get some #'s on it, that might shed some light on the subject. Thanks.

Default luckypabst :

Post by luckypabst on Aug 20, 2006, 10:14pm

I've rarely heard good reports of the Pro-jection. Go see what the opinions are on Pirate.

In my opinion, you can't beat an OEM EFI if it's available for your engine.

Chris

Default fsjguy :

Post by fsjguy on Aug 20, 2006, 11:26pm

I had an old analog system and I never got it to work well. I'd always be adjusting SOMETHING on the ECU. I think that's why they put those adjusters on it! LOL! I have heard that the "digital" systems are MUCH better. I dunno. I dove in and bought the Howell kit and never looked back.
    I liked the Howell so much that I bought a second harness and pieced the rest of it together myself. The 715 (I have an AMC 360 in it) actually runs pretty nice in limp home mode! When I go wheeling, I use the custom Howell chip just by swapping the entire ECM. For around town, short trips, limp home mode works fine.

Default tacomainoh :

Post by tacomainoh on Aug 21, 2006, 2:27am

I agree w/Lucky: OEM works and has had millions of dollars spent to make it so.

Get some Ford EFI out of a Mustang or better yet, a truck or van. I never had any trouble out of my E350.

Default bigwheelbob :

Post by bigwheelbob on Aug 21, 2006, 6:41am

Thats funny, you would mention the old analog system. Back in the day I had these set yps on all my trucks, and had them adjusted pretty good, But every time i would do one for one of the young Marines here he would be back in every few days to get it readjusted because people just couldnt leave the knobs alone. So then I got so I would get them adjusted good, then mount the unit under the dash, and mount a dummy knob on the dash so they would have something to turn. That sure helped!