Thread: Original Seat Search

Default Original Seat Search

Hi everyone, I just picked up an M715 and one of the first things I noticed was that the seats were not original. I would like to put some original seats back in it, but I'm unable to find anyone or any website that sells them. If anyone knows of a site or person with some for sale, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

There are several surplus places near you. Or at least in your part of the country that might have them. I can not remember the names of the ones out there though. Some one else I am sure will jump in with the names or maybe even seats themselves.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Surplus City Jeep in CA sells rebuild sets for original seats. I don't think they come with hardware, but rather the cushions and canvas. So if you don't have the frames, you may have to source those elsewhere.

I recently got a top from them and was very pleased with the quality.

http://www.surplusjeep.com/topscush.htm#M715

I think the biggest problem is that people use the old frame feet when they put in new seats. I've seen them being sold here for around $75 each, IIRC. You can put something in the Wanted section as well to help find a set.
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

I have 2 spare right seats. No left.

Thanks for all the help!

I have a set you are welcome to... Someone along the way welded a small chain to the driver's side frame but other than that the frames are perfect.

Padding and canvas is totally shot and would need redone.

I'm in southern ohio (zip 45307) I don't want to ship but if you are close or going to be close they are yours.

You can see them at the end of the video in our last blog/vlog post here-> http://sevenslotsyndicate.com/blog/b...roof-the-roof/

fyi, the chain is mil-spec. for steering wheel lock.

Quote Originally Posted by kwai View Post
    fyi, the chain is mil-spec. for steering wheel lock.
    Cool.... I had no idea. Learn something everyday

Thanks for all the replies and help. Im in Southern California and dont really know anyone that could pick them up for me. I would really love to get those seats if at all possible. Im willing to pay for shipping and anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by SS_Syndicate View Post
    I have a set you are welcome to... Someone along the way welded a small chain to the driver's side frame but other than that the frames are perfect.

Padding and canvas is totally shot and would need redone.

I'm in southern ohio (zip 45307) I don't want to ship but if you are close or going to be close they are yours.

You can see them at the end of the video in our last blog/vlog post here-> http://sevenslotsyndicate.com/blog/b...roof-the-roof/

Sorry i didnt quote properly, but my reply is right up one message. Still figuring out the site. Thanks