Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: it starts all over again. changing motors.

Got some done between work. I have the dodge radiator, intercooler, and support set in the kiaser. Tight fit in the 715 front skin. It worked good but a lot of work. Its nice I got the overflow, shroud, washer fluid, all in one shot. The stock dodge radiator hoses fit as well.

What?? No photos??

Will try to get pics. Got a question for those that used the nv4500. What did you use for the clutch set up I have all the factory dodge parts. Just wondering what route you went and how it works or if you would do it defferant thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 68kaiser View Post
    Will try to get pics. Got a question for those that used the nv4500. What did you use for the clutch set up I have all the factory dodge parts. Just wondering what route you went and how it works or if you would do it defferant thanks.
    I used all dodge CTD parts in the transmission side and a brake master cylinder from a '63 Wagoneer as the clutch master. I've done it three times and it's worked very well for me.

That sounds good Mikel. What is done to connect the two together? I am not familiar with hydraulic clutches. Don't know much about the fittings and such.

Image shack does not like my internet connection. pics are a no go for now. Wish we could just take pics of our divides like some sites do. Much more user friendly. The motor, trans radiator,intercooler. Are all in now the real work starts. All the little b.s. takes forever.

That sounds good Mikel. What is done to connect the two together? I am not familiar with hydraulic clutches. Don't know much about the fittings and such.
    I made my own line, as the slave cylinder has an odd connector. If you find an old one, you'll save a lot of time.

Got the motor cleaned and swing it in. Tomorrow we cut the fire wall. And mess with motor mounts. Thanks for the replys
    If you haven't cut the firewall yet, please reconsider. A 6BT does fit between the firewall and radiator quite nicely if the mechanical fan is removed.

I cut the wall. I wanted the mechanical fan. What did you make your line with? The factory dodge looks like plastic. I imagine the 63 master cylinder uses a metal brake line.

Hello just found the part a was looking for. Its a plate that bolts to the firewall with the square hole like the factory dodge has. I found it at Cummins diesel repowers phone number 406-727-8915. $20 with shipping.