Well based on everything I have heard here, ill probably go with one of the J-series Jeep trucks. A later model J-20 is at the top of my list now, if I can find one.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
The M715 is square in the front with a flat non racked windshield
I was wondering about that flat windshield. Our 1998 Jeep wrangler has a flat windshield and driving it on the highway can sometimes be a pain so I completely understand that part. The Jeep wrangler windshield is slightly diagonal whereas the M715 is completely vertical, so I would imagine it would be like the Wrangler X2.

Maybe when my situation changes in the future (I have plans for buying some land in east Tx in about 5 years), I will look for a M715...

@Nailhead - If you are talking about Virginia, that is over 1300 miles away from me LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
There is no insulation in the cab, this means that they are hot in the summer and cold in the winter,
Here in DFW winters arent really a problem. Summers are a different story. Another strike against the M715

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
Look for an early ‘90’s 6BT truck with a NV4500 and 4x4
I have been considering that. I really like those early dodge trucks, especially with the 12 valve cummins. That being said around here those trucks are VERY sought after and do not run cheap unless they dont run at all. I would love to have one though.

By the way, big thank you to everyone who has posted on this thread. This has really helped me a lot and pointed out a lot of factors that I hadn't previously thought of.