Thread: I need some thoughts

I can't get my truck above 35. I shift out of first at 10 mph, 2nd at 20. When I go to shift out of 3rd at 30 the truck just bogs down at starts shaking.
    I've checked the timing, changed the exhust gasket(burned out) the truck doesn't have a govener. Took off the top of the air cleaner and took it for a test drive, no changes.
    the truck shifts fine 1st through 3rd hard to shift into 4th, but does go into it.

How long has your truck sat since you last drove it without problems? Sounds fuel related, If you have old gas in it, I'd drain it and then change the filter. Check and clean your plugs also.
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

3. Default

Can you Rev the engine to high RPM's or does it bog? Does it only do it while your driving is what I'm asking.
    Bad Gas,Worn Rotor,Worn Fuel Pump???
    1969 M715

I'd lean twards a bad fuel pump or a partial clogged filter. My M151A2 did the same thing...drove me nuts and found a small pin hole in the fuel pump.
    Zone holster maker

Default what kind of beating can these take?

i can rev it up. it ran fine before I went for germany last aug. tank has new fuel in it.
    tomorrow ill hook up the elect fuel pump. it only happens when i drive it. now that I'm thinking of it Tacoma mentioned something about the fuel pump when he was up here 2 weeks ago.

yep, that's my first guess.. something is wrong with fuel delivery... Could be timing too.. follow protocol: check the timing first, sime that's easy enough... maybe something wrong w/the advance? After that I'd check the fuel supply, from the carb back and eliminate the suspects LOL.. And good luck. Tom will probably be calling you this week, we're playing phone tag right now.
    **I heart Bump_r **

going under the knife thurs so if he calls me then Ill be alittle out of it

i had something like that happen to me once, i had my parking break on lol. it's funny, my parking brake wont hold the truck still to save my life, but it will smoke like crazy if left pulled down.
    mike

Default How to convert the front Dana 60 to 35 spline axles

What engine/distributor/carb/injection?
    "other peoples junk, is something or other" - Militarypotts 02/07/2011

all: it's standard Mstuff, stock.
    **I heart Bump_r **