Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: beachwood canvas top vs surplus city top

I know the bows and other hardware get stored in the cab behind the seat, but where is the proper place to store the top?

I put the top behind the passenger seat.

Guess that's another thing, I never take the hardware off. I like hanging on to the center support while driving. Since I'm not removing the side windows or dropping the windshield I see no reason to go to the extra effort. Removing all of that would take at least 10 minutes.
    भगवान तुम्हें प्यार करता है

Mystery solved. It's purely a matter of how one defines "going topless".

I re-read the operators manual last night. The window frames are strapped to the bulkhead behind the commanders (passenger) seat going up under the battery box. The paulin (top) is folded and stored behind the commanders seat. windows are strapped to the bulkhead on each side. The top bows are also stowed on the rear bulkhead at the top of the windows using the same straps that hold the windows in place.

And it just looks hillbilly driving the topless truck around with windows in place, windshield up and top frame and bows still installed.

Either go all the way or don't go at all.

That's a bit harsh, don'tcha think? That's not to say that I don't agree with you. I was going to say the same but I'm just a Basic Trainee, what do I know? I could overlook leaving the door glass in place but the top bows...gotta go to be topless.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

With just the top off and the bows still in place, it reminds me of the scene in Planes, Trains and Automobiles when John Candy sets the LeBaron convertible on fire, then they are driving the burned out shell down the road.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

That's a bit harsh, don'tcha think?
    Not at all. I originally used a stronger word than hillbilly.

In the communist state of NJ we cannot drive on the road with the winshield down, you must have a windshield on cars and trucks. only off road it will fly.

Duane