Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got a NP205

Jester Guest

Default Got a NP205

Thanks to 503M715, I have a NP205. Mike picked it up for me today. Hope to be back on the road in no time now

Now to do some research on twin stick and look at some diagrams for mounting up the parking brake.

Is it divorced? When will it be here? Is your truck still driveable?

Jester Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
    Is it divorced? When will it be here? Is your truck still driveable?
    My truck is down for the count right now.

Phoenix is making me a set of brackets that he showed in his other thread to make the mounting easier.

Yes its a divorced passenger drop. Mike got it today so I need to figure out logistics of getting it. Once I get it I want to put new seals in (OMG that is what started this ) and prob twin stick it. Think I can use the stock shifters/linkage with some bending. Unsure if the parking brake will be a bolt on or a fab up. Want to do it all right the first time so this is the last t-case fun I have to deal with.

if you just want to twin stick it all you have to do is pull the flat tie peice from in between the shift rails. if you want to have the rear neutral front engaged option then you have to completly dissasemble the case.
    congrats on the score
    Ryan

Too bad Mike's not in Utah. I won't be passing by Oregon for a few weeks.

Hey!!! WAIT JUST A MINUTE!!!! Tomorrow Nick has a soccer game in Camas (Vancouver area). If you can talk Mike into bringing it up to me there, I can have it at my place tomorrow night.

I'll be at 2909 SE 3rd Ave, Camas, WA 98607 from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m. tomorrow (Saturday, 11/1).
    -- Tim Taylor

Jester Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
    if you just want to twin stick it all you have to do is pull the flat tie peice from in between the shift rails. if you want to have the rear neutral front engaged option then you have to completly dissasemble the case.
    congrats on the score
    Ryan

If you just remove the interconnect pc, don't you run the risk of putting the front and rear in diff ratios? That would be bad.

Jester Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Binford View Post
    Too bad Mike's not in Utah. I won't be passing by Oregon for a few weeks.

Hey!!! WAIT JUST A MINUTE!!!! Tomorrow Nick has a soccer game in Camas (Vancouver area). If you can talk Mike into bringing it up to me there, I can have it at my place tomorrow night.

I'll be at 2909 SE 3rd Ave, Camas, WA 98607 from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m. tomorrow (Saturday, 11/1).
    I will give Mike a call tonight.

Jester Guest

Here is a write up on twin sticking w/o disassembling the whole case.

http://coloradok5.com/jkwtwinstickreview.shtml

glad you got a case now, Jester. I began swaping the yokes on my T-cases and found out that my chevy T-case has 32 spline shafts in it. I am not sure what I will do now, probably have to get those conversion U-joints that cost 22.00 each to make the 205 yokes work. You may want to check yours too.

Jester Guest

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    glad you got a case now, Jester. I began swaping the yokes on my T-cases and found out that my chevy T-case has 32 spline shafts in it. I am not sure what I will do now, probably have to get those conversion U-joints that cost 22.00 each to make the 205 yokes work. You may want to check yours too.
    Yes, sounds like the cheapest route. You can buy 1310 NP205 non-cv yokes but they are like $150/pc. And why would you want to downgrade? I would eventually like to have 1410 yokes.