Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Defrost and anti fogging help/advice

Got a pic?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ray steadward View Post
    Not to hijack, but....whilst we are prototyping....what are the odds that we could get the little rubber windshield/ cowl/ door blocks modeled? Then maybe make a clay mold and pour in some windshield urethane or flexseal?...Just thinkin...
    Now there is an idea that would get a lot of interest!!

Quote Originally Posted by res0wc18 View Post
    Got a pic?

Mine are all pretty hashed, but someone here should have a spec or one in decent shape...Last I remember there might be one side good that would need a mirror image made for the other side...
    Is that real money?

Quote Originally Posted by ray steadward View Post
    Mine are all pretty hashed, but someone here should have a spec or one in decent shape...Last I remember there might be one side good that would need a mirror image made for the other side...
    NOS left side fronts used to come up on ebay. I think that I have an extra one in storage.
    Never seen a NOS right front for sale, or the two rear fillers either.
    All four pieces have a metal reinforcement molded inside. Something to think about.

All

The source I had for a OEM defrost nozzle has backed out of sending me one so I can reverse engineer them....

Unless one of you can supply me one I will not be able to go forward with this project

See if you can get dimensions and pictures. We're basically talking about a vacuum nozzle. I really think a working part would be as popular as an indistinguishable NOS repop. At least to those of us who resorted to Home Depot!

The bolt spacing, slot width, and the angle to miss the glove box are all you really need.

Quote Originally Posted by Subybaja View Post
    See if you can get dimensions and pictures. We're basically talking about a vacuum nozzle. I really think a working part would be as popular as an indistinguishable NOS repop. At least to those of us who resorted to Home Depot!

The bolt spacing, slot width, and the angle to miss the glove box are all you really need.

And the angle needed to miss the stock headlight switch. DAMHIK.

I have the last pair purchased from VPW and they are not installed. I would be willing to send them off to be copied from as long as I was guaranteed them returned. I wouldn't mind an extra set of the 3D printed versions myself.

The pair I have isn't exactly a matching set, but when I found them picking through VPW's place I figured beggars can't be choosers. They are a little rough and not exactly the same, but between the 2 we should be able to get a working copy.

These are from the day I picked them. I do also have the hard to find rubber door seals, but as usual only 1 side. I grabbed extras hoping someday I could find someone who could mirror it for the other side, or I thought maybe I could rig it up somehow.

If someone has a way to do this also I would gladly send one their way free of cost.