Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Defrost and anti fogging help/advice

Quote Originally Posted by res0wc18 View Post
    Well we have a few options here gentlemen.

I found these from maradyne.
    http://maradynemobile.com/product/2454-1/

There is also the option of some one who has the proper M715 defrost nozzles to take good pictures and measures for me to reproduce them on my 3D printer, or someone could loan me a set and I could reverse engineer them and 3D print some replicas for all to try at cost. I would be willing to absorb the engineering R&D cost if someone could provide them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Thanks for searching, but those won't work.
    The nozzle has to be situated far to the side in order to clear the glove box on the right, and the light switch on the left.
    That would be great if someone could reproduce them from an old part.
    Last edited by jeepdan; December 13th, 2016 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepdan View Post
    The nozzle has to be situated far to the side in order to clear the glove box on the right, and the light switch on the left.
    I'm going to correct myself, I intended to say that the "hose fitting" needs to be on the far left.

I used these 10" shop vac nozzles from Lowes.
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/Shop-Vac-10...Nozzle/1115361

I cut the right side off, and then welded up the hole left after cutting.
    The plastic was easy to weld up using a soldering iron.

Jeepdan

Please elaborate more on this.

Although I'd like to replicate some OEM type if no one comes up with the photos and measures or a loaner set then I may be forced to do something like you did

Virginia from VPW used to sell them on ebay, that's where I got mine, something else to look at, My defrosters weren't blowing as well as I thought they should have, and after getting water coming out of my heater box when it rained, I realized that the windshield base/cowl gasket was cracked, not only allowing water to get in, but heat to leak out and never make it up to the slots to blow air on the windshield, I bought a new one from Memphis equipment and all is good now

Got a hold of VPW. All gone. Gonna call every surplus place I can think of.

After talking to mike at VPW he said that if he had a pair to loan to me to recreate and 3D print he would in a heartbeat.

So looks like I need to find a set to reverse engineer, or the photo and pictures method.

It sounds like it would be good to have 10 sets or so of these on hand to be able to sell to fellow owners.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepdan View Post
    I'm going to correct myself, I intended to say that the "hose fitting" needs to be on the far left.

I used these 10" shop vac nozzles from Lowes.
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/Shop-Vac-10...Nozzle/1115361

I cut the right side off, and then welded up the hole left after cutting.
    The plastic was easy to weld up using a soldering iron.
    I did this too, except nozzles from HD.

I dropped fender washers and longer bolts down through the vent- the stock studs are too short.

Quote Originally Posted by res0wc18 View Post
    Got a hold of VPW. All gone. Gonna call every surplus place I can think of.

After talking to mike at VPW he said that if he had a pair to loan to me to recreate and 3D print he would in a heartbeat.

So looks like I need to find a set to reverse engineer, or the photo and pictures method.

It sounds like it would be good to have 10 sets or so of these on hand to be able to sell to fellow owners.

I have to believe someone bought a set that hasn't installed them yet, they use to have a set on there every week. hopefully someone will have a set to do this, maybe VPW would do something for the guy who loans them a set to do this

Yes I believe there has to be a set out there somewhere. I'm hoping so.

I'd love to do this as they seem to be no where to be found.

I have a set somewhere, but we just got done moving . I got 2 shops stacked in boxes in one shop,plus 2 side by sides and an m38 stored in it. I'll do some looking ,soon as it gets a bit warmer,-10 right now.
    DaveJ

I would be interested in a set of the 3D printed vents! My son could make a set in his robotics class if someone would make good measurements and drawings, it can be done.

I snagged a set of defroster vents out of a Wagoneer (same place I got the heater) and modified them to fit. They work but are not the best.

Rick