Thread: Autolite spark plug AER72S

Default Autolite spark plug AER72S

Hi, will someone confirm that Autolite AER72S plug is correct for the 230 Tornado? I pulled a plug out to compare and the threads are longer on the
    Autolite AER72S, . im concerned about clearance, I dont want to ruin my engine...someone clue me in?

Not to muddle the question, but these are the plugs I’ve been running:

They’re Champions, and my truck runs like a sewing machine. Note they’re short-reach plugs.

Clean, too. This is not a stock photo— I just removed it because I couldn’t remember what plugs I was running.

Hope this helps.

Default AER72S spark plug

doesnt seem comparable, Im all stock, 24 volt, waterproof plugs & wires.
    My main question is: Can I run the AER72S plugs & be certain they wont hit the top of my pistons?

Quote Originally Posted by Mopic View Post
    doesnt seem comparable, Im all stock, 24 volt, waterproof plugs & wires.
    My main question is: Can I run the AER72S plugs & be certain they wont hit the top of my pistons?
    Obviously not stock military (I frequently forget the rest of the M715 world is 24V waterproof), but that pic does answer your question: if the plug in question ain't short-reach, it ain't the right plug.