Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Defrost and anti fogging help/advice

All

If I'm supplied a correct set I will offer them at cost, no markup.

Everyone needs to think about any improvements that could be made to the stock design

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by res0wc18 View Post
    All

If I'm supplied a correct set I will offer them at cost, no markup.

Everyone needs to think about any improvements that could be made to the stock design

That would be wonderful. I appreciate your generous offer.

Quote Originally Posted by res0wc18 View Post
    Jeepdan

Please elaborate more on this.
    Pictures are worth a thousand words, and didn't take any.

But, I did a search and came up with this old thread
    Scroll down to Binfords' post. Great pictures of a NOS defroster duct.
    I was able to make a pretty good copy using the shop vac nozzles, and I pop riveted "L" brackets to the sides to fasten to the studs under the dash panel.

You can see the originals were pretty "Hoaky" in construction.
    NOS ducts were selling upwards of $75.00 a piece when the supply was running out.
    Defrost ducts questions

I traded a spare set to another member several years ago. I don't think he installed them on a truck yet. I will try and contact him. They were still in the military weather proof wrapping.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I really don't think they were hoaky in construction, they installed easy, and have never cracked being in my truck, and seal up well.

Quote Originally Posted by Duane View Post
    I really don't think they were hoaky in construction, they installed easy, and have never cracked being in my truck, and seal up well.
    The black plastic pair that I have came to me used from a local low mileage M715 being parted out. The small metal attachment brackets were very loose on the plastic molded "posts" they were connected to. I repaired that looseness with a sheet metal repair plate around the damaged area and pop rivets.

Honestly, for being 50 years old, the plastic ducts are in great shape with no age cracking or brittle-ness.

Also, I saw a good used pair of these on e bay in the last 12 months or so and I think they sold for under $90.

I'm interested in the 3-d printing option and these seem like the perfect item to reproduce that way.

Bryce
    1969 M725 ambulance

Good conversation guys keep it up.

Yes any and all improvements could be made if people have a pair I can borrow and reverse engineer.

I got some heater parts from a local place in Colo. Sprgs. called FN Jeep, lotsa of old Wagoneer and Jeep pickup parts seem to match up for M715 heaters. I got the new duct work off of E-Bay. Also Collins Brothers Jeep used to have a bunch of older heater parts that might be found.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajHarper View Post
    I got some heater parts from a local place in Colo. Sprgs. called FN Jeep, lotsa of old Wagoneer and Jeep pickup parts seem to match up for M715 heaters. I got the new duct work off of E-Bay. Also Collins Brothers Jeep used to have a bunch of older heater parts that might be found.
    Thanks for the leads on FSJ heater parts.
    Just keep in mind that civilian defroster ducts will not fit under the M715 dash board as built.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepdan View Post
    Thanks for the leads on FSJ heater parts.
    Just keep in mind that civilian defroster ducts will not fit under the M715 dash board as built.
    Oh, they will, but not very well or easily.