Thread: Carb rebuild kit?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Carb rebuild kit?

I was reading through some of the old posts on the (Sticky: Stock carb kit info) and I'm still not real clear on which kit and who to contact.
    Has anyone purchased a complete rebuild kit recently for the stock Holley 1 barrel carburetor and were satisfied with all the parts received? And what company should I purchase from. I would even be interested in purchasing a complete carburetor. Any ideas? Thanks!

Al

I have gotten two kits so far. One was a "Jeep" brand of parts and the other was the military. Both are NOS and of course, some of the rubber parts may be getting near the end of their life since they are at least 30 years old.

I liked the military NOS set and I got it from the auction site. The other set was from Saturn Surplus in Pennsylvania. Both seemed to be about the same however there were a few more parts in the military set. I see the kit for about $35 but if you shop around you should get it for about $22-25 or so.

Do yourself a favor. If you have or might have a civilian distributor with a vacuum advance, find a rebuilt 1920 carb that has the vacuum port for the vacuum advance. Do some Google research. I think Chrysler products also used the 1920. If you don't need it, cap it off. My truck has the old military 1920 and I have a vacuum advance and because I do not have the carb port, is hooked up to the intake manifold port and the vacuum advance does not work the best.

Here is the best of what I found so far:

http://carburetor-manual.com/1968-19...al-p-1451.html

Have fun Googleing,
    Mike Cougler, MSgt, USAF Retired, '72-93
    '67 M725, VIN 10030, Delivery: 7/67
    Rochester, NY

I had to rebuild my single barrel when I first brought her home. I went through Holley and they gave me the number to Daytona Carb Parts. Awesome company to deal with and I was insanely happy with the parts. Their customer service is top notch, also. I had a problem not getting my bowl screws tight enough and thought it was the new gasket. They sent me a new one free of charge and very quickly!

http://www.daytonaparts.com/

Good luck!

- doc

Thanks Doc, maybe I'll give them a call, instead.

Thanks to the two of you for your replies! My wife ordered a rebuild kit from Saturn Surplus on Ebay several days ago and they have not responded to 3 emails in regards to shipping costs. Looks like I might give Memphis Equipment a call.

Quote Originally Posted by AWB View Post
    Thanks to the two of you for your replies! My wife ordered a rebuild kit from Saturn Surplus on Ebay several days ago and they have not responded to 3 emails in regards to shipping costs. Looks like I might give Memphis Equipment a call.
    I have dealt with Saturn Surplus by going to their store. They are about 2 hours away and it was a good day trip. Small, small operation with only about three people there. I have had good results with getting them on the phone (717) 692-9500. You may want to call them. I don't think that they use the computer much. Jay usually answers the phone and if I remember correctly, Mark is the owner.