Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M715 in Georgia

Default M715 in Georgia

New member here, post 0001 I've been working on a M715 that I've been around since high school and this particular truck has only been outside maybe 100hrs since 1979. I'll start the thread with how it looked as the very first fire truck of a newly formed volunteer fire department. I remember when this truck came in it looked brand new, green with the typical white markings. I remember seeing "SGT SAVIO" stenciled on the glass in white. Anyway this vehicle has made a pretty drastic transformation since I've owned it and I will continue to update this thread as I have time.

This is the truck today...also the reason I thought I'd post in "Modified Tech"

Looks good. Any more shots of it?

Welcome to the zone!
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Quote Originally Posted by Flingarrows View Post
    Looks good. Any more shots of it?

Welcome to the zone!
    Thank you.

I have a couple items to tie up on the interior and the "oscar mike" themed decals for the exterior to do yet and as soon as I get that done, I will clean it up and get more photos. But here is a glimpse inside.

One thing I'd like to do is replace the leaf springs but I simply haven't had time to source those yet. Not sure which would be the best...NOS or aftermarket.

That's Awesome . I love the interior. What kind of mounts did you use on the doors for the AR?

Nice looking truck! Love the top did you make it yourself? Details on the drive train, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Brushawg View Post
    Nice looking truck! Love the top did you make it yourself? Details on the drive train, please.
    Thank you!
    The top as well as most of the custom fabrications are made from stainless steel...except for the front and rear bumpers.

Since Mopar is connected with Jeep, I dropped a 440 and an aftermarket EFI coupled with a 727 trans, but I will probably try to find an overdrive trans to put in it's place. I've installed lockers in both axles and lockouts on the front. It's not like this vehicle will be doing anything extreme, I just like the way it looks. Because it has spent most of it's life indoors, there was zero rust to have to deal with...and that is pretty difficult to find these days.

That's real different and cool. It's night and day difference with the shorter frame isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by white433 View Post
    That's real different and cool. It's night and day difference with the shorter frame isn't it.
    Yes a few inches shorter and a few more taller was a game changer.

Is that a razor grill on the front? Truck looks pretty bad ass. More pics please.

Looks amazing! What tires and wheels are those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk