Thread: Seatbelt Size

Default Seatbelt Size

What size seatbelts are appropriate for the M715? 60"? See, http://www.seatbeltsplus.com/product...Seat-Belt.html

Good question.

You going to have to measure from the mounting points while sitting in the seat to get a minimum length.

I need to do this myself all over again
    I installed a set of military seat belts in my truck, and they are just barely long enough for me with the seat pretty far forward (short legs).

The belts aren't long enough for my wife to use sitting in the commanders seat. (Which causes a controversy)

Also the belts aren't long enough for my trusted parade driver, as his waist size is much larger than mine.

I cant answer in inches....I can say, I went to the junkyard and pulled the lap belts out of 2 school buses that have the inertia real on one of the sides and bolted them in...plenty long enough for a 6'6" driver pushing around 300 lbs.
    I had a small middle seat in the cab as well, batteries relocated to a box in the front of the bed, and used the lap belt from a Full Size Jeep middle front seat...used the inner attach bolt for the other 2 seats to mount them.

If one can find a Full Size Jeep from the 60's that has the lap belts, I would bet they would bolt right in and work...I know the mount bolt for the belts is the same one they used in the civilian Jeeps as I tried one from the junkyard to see if it worked in the M715, it did, and then ordered 4 new ones to install my belts.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Default Wesco Performance

I bought my lap belts here at Wesco Performance, P/N LL74 in Military Green #5002.

They are 74" with chrome latches. I bought some bolts and washers at the hardware store and installed them into the factory holes in the floor. They look great. I'm 5'9" medium build and they seem perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Vin View Post
    What size seatbelts are appropriate for the M715? 60"? See, http://www.seatbeltsplus.com/product...Seat-Belt.html
    Last edited by txleadfoot; January 17th, 2018 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Add photos

Quote Originally Posted by txleadfoot View Post
    I bought my lap belts here at Wesco Performance, P/N LL74 in Military Green #5002.

They are 74" with chrome latches. I bought some bolts and washers at the hardware store and installed them into the factory holes in the floor. They look great. I'm 5'9" medium build and they seem perfect.

Let me know if you want photos.
    Thanks for sharing!

It's great that they have military green. I'm going to order a few sets.

I have green belts in my truck, aftermarket of course but I like these better and the price certainly is nice.

I too like the military green color.

Default Seat Belt Installation

If you go to my User CP page and click on my photo album, I have a photo and a link to the installation of my 3-point seat belts. I hope this helps.
    Mike Cougler, MSgt, USAF Retired, '72-93
    '67 M725, VIN 10030, Delivery: 7/67
    Rochester, NY