Thread: Tow bar adapters

Default Tow bar adapters

Is their an interest in buying replicas made to spec? Their would be some fabrication time which might make them near as much and possibly more than a used set. If you could find them. But these would not be made from unobtanuim.
    My boss mentioned it when we were looking over the tow set up. We have a two year back log but if I can prove a market exists...
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Al,
    If you are figuring $75-$125 as a price range, then I think you might be onto something.

But, I am looking at making my own set right now. Or at least I was until I started looking at the rear shackle mount on the M35. They will bolt to the top of the M715 bumper, be out of the way and not look that much out of place. They have a 7/8" pin hole though. However, the 5-ton front shackle mounts are just like the M35 rears except they have a 1" pin hole.

Sermis needs a way to hook up his M725 and we are both looking for some 5-ton mounts to try out. Those or drilling out a M35 one to 1". If we find some and get them mounted, we will post up pictures and cost involved. I can't imagine in being much more than $50 though.

I am not trying to cut your plan up. Just pointing out that people are looking for other ways to hook up a tow bar. I think you have a great idea and would hate to see you talk your boss into this and then have them sitting on the shelf for years not selling. I have the same worry if I ever get production started rebuilding stock water pumps. No market willing to pay the cost.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I got the ones I built back from Adam this weekend. I will post pics soon.
    "We are here for the meeting!"

No sweat Tim B. The shop is back logged 2 years and I am just as far behind at home. I should concentrate on getting some rigs done. Glad you guys are finding other solutions. I still have some other M715 related projects / solutions I want to complete first. I'm planning on some write ups. I'll try not to volunteer for anything for a while so I can catch up.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Here is what I made...

"We are here for the meeting!"