Thread: Low Max 3-1 for np205

Default Low Max 3-1 for np205

I emailed JB conversions about the lowmax set up (3 to 1 instead of 1.96 to 1 ratio) for divorced tcases. This is the info they returned about divorced np205s. All you gear heads- will this work? I'm not tecno savy enough- gonz

----------------------------------------------------
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Mark Gonzales [mailto:Mark.Gonzales@Greeleygov.com]
    Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 1:13 PM
    To: sales@jbconversions.com
    Subject: NP205 3to1 LoMax Kit

Is it possible to use this kit in a divorced NP205? A good number of guys driving M715 military trucks are putting in divorced NP205’s and would be interested in a 3 to 1 reduction. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!!- mark

www.m715zone.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Their response:

We only have 32 spline female inputs and 10 spline male inputs. If you can make a stock GM 205 work with either of these inputs, ours will work the same.

Here's their website http://www.jbconversions.com/pages/p...letetcase.html

I have looked at the Lomax for my M1009,and for the money I would be better off with a doubler(me personally).

I'm looking at this since I don't want to do a double divorced 205s and I already have a 3053a tranny in my truck which I'm keeping. I was kind of disappointed in their (low-max) reply. If someone was contemplating spending over $2k, you could spend a little more time on the reply- gonz

The answer is mostly NO.

You'd have to use either some kind of fabbed 10spl bolt-on yoke, or something unwieldly like a slip-yoked jackshaft to the female input. *shrug*

The 5 people that are going to shell out for the divorced stuff really aren't worth too many companies' time.

If it makes you feel any better, SpicerTom is in the same boat.
    **I heart Bump_r **

spicer will probably find some split shifting "ultra process" t case that they only made 2 off that will work, lol. I would think 10G's would at least interest them, but apparently all the Ford guys are biatching because they only make GM swaparoos, as well. Thanks for the look, guys- gonz

I'm getting back to my project M715 and have taken a little different path. I'm running Rockwells and wanted a 205. Couldn't find the right configuration of GM or Dodge 205 witht large spline shaft so decided I'd go with a Ford 205 and turn the rockwells around so the d shaft will be on the driver's side.

I picked up a doubler from John Summers, formerly of Wagoner Machine Shop, for a reasonable amount. The different path I've taken now is to utilize a NP203 range box from a divorced mount Ford 203. I chose the divorced mount due to the difficulties of using a married 205 with a 4L80E transmission.

End result: I have a doubler w/ a jack shaft that won't be a whole lot longer than the stock NP200 configuration when I'm done with it for little money compared to the Low-Max and higher priced GM 205s. The Ford case has the 31 and 32 spline shafts so the strength should hold up to the torque of the 500 Cadillac.

Finding the divorced 203 is the hard part. They are hen's teeth.
    **I heart Bump_r **