Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: found one

Quote Originally Posted by vacca rabite View Post
    Dude! Nice pull.

That truck looks really solid. What a great foundation to start a restoration with.

Zach
    this one won't quite be restored. i like it to look old and crusty for a while at least, and very few original driveline parts will be used. i would have cringed a little cutting into a few of the other trucks i looked at, but this one is perfect for non resoration. not to mention there was a few blasphemous acts already done to this truck making less apealing for restoration
    Ryan

One of those brackets you posted a picture of goes on the front of your front fender to valance, hope you have two of them. Nice looking truck for starters. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Keep the pics coming as you make progress.

The long brackets in the pic are the metal tabs that hold the troop seats in the up right position. There are two per side. Mounted on the upper stationary boards they swing down and catch the top rail of the seats when they are put up. You will need a locking nut like a nylock or even a drop of med blue loc-tite on the mounting screw. . I have almost lost mine a couple times.

What a great find!! Perfect candidate for some good fun.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

thanks for the info info guys.

probablly pull it up to the shop this weekend and start torching the nasty bits off the frame, and look at mocking up the engine placement

Quote Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
    ...probablly pull it up to the shop this weekend and start torching the nasty bits off the frame, and look at mocking up the engine placement
    You better hurry up since you've only got about 30 days to get it done.

Didn't that truck have some kind of odd flexible exhaust running underneath the rear passenger fender? That was a neat truck and is a nice one for your work. I'd like to remember the previous owner's name. I think it was Steve or Paul. I had posted a thread 6 months ago on the B.S. Board to see if any members remembered him, but didn't get any replies. He was living in MI when I corresponded with him, but he was moving back to CO someday. Did you work with him personally on the purchase?

30 days... that will probably not happen. but, it is almost possible.

His name was paul. and i did work with him personally. He was a decent guy to work with. We have a had a few laughs at the shop at the expense of whomever chose to route that exaust. I agree that the truck is just about perfect for waht i want, and for my plans. just messed up enough that i am not cutting up an original(not that i wouldn't have) and still has all of the original trinkets and do dads that make these trucks so cool.
    ryan

Aah...Paul. I'd sure like to run into him someday. He turned out to be a real prick, or at least a fragile little cry baby, when I dealt with him by phone and email, while he was in MI. He'd issued some negative comments towards me that I'd love to hear from him in person. He was kind of a little guy, or at least that was the impression I got from his demeanor.

haha

i didn't get his angry side i guess. he was not exactly little. maybe a little over 6 feet. he said he was between jobs right now, so maybe he was doing his best to get rid of the truck and was on his best behavior.
    ryan

some mild progress today

clean the funk off the rails

no before pic but torched some more funk off the front of the frame where the PO had added some strengtheners? if you could call it that.

there was about 50 feet of flex exhaust tubing running through the wheel well. no more

zorched a few brackets off the frame from the PO. not done yet, but i was hot and tired of slag burns

where the idiotic PO torched a hol in the underbed tool box

vacuumed the hunta virus out of the cab and loosly bolted the seats in with my new battery box just for fun. promtly sat in the seat and made VROOM VROOM noises.

ryan

That looks good ryanroo. That cab sure cleaned up nicely. You're obviously not wasting any time and I bet you're having a lot of fun. I assume the shop in the photos is your place of employment. Keep it up and thanks for the photos.