Thread: Hard Top

Default Hard Top

My truck had a hard top on it. I thought that I could take it off during the summer and put it on in the winter, boy was I wrong. This top is a bunch of sheetmetal popped riveted and glued (probably caulk or liquid nail) together. It took two hours to get it off and impossible to save.

I know they make a fiberglass top but it is suppose to be popped riveted on as well. I guess it could be screwed on. Is there a hard top out there that is easier to put on and take off? I've heard about the artic top but how are they put on? Are those meant to be permanent as well?

I'm trying to get my truck done by Mar 2021.

My hard top is one-piece molded fiberglass. It just drops on and is held in place by a few 7/16 bolts. I don't know anything about where or when the top was made, because it came with the truck when I bought it.

Three bolts across the outside front that go all the way through the windshield frame.

Two other bolts at the back corner that screw down into the cab that go through a steel bracket that was molded into the fiberglass.

I put a headliner in it last Summer/Fall to decrease the noise.

You can see the rear corner mounting brackets in this photo:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep_Heaven View Post
    My truck had a hard top on it. I thought that I could take it off during the summer and put it on in the winter, boy was I wrong. This top is a bunch of sheetmetal popped riveted and glued (probably caulk or liquid nail) together. It took two hours to get it off and impossible to save.

I know they make a fiberglass top but it is suppose to be popped riveted on as well. I guess it could be screwed on. Is there a hard top out there that is easier to put on and take off? I've heard about the artic top but how are they put on? Are those meant to be permanent as well?

I'm trying to get my truck done by Mar 2021.
    I got a fiberglass top for my M37 from Boyce back in the '90's. No idea whether they make (or ever made) one for M715's, but I thought I'd mention it.