Thread: Question about windshield pivot and gas tank fill tube.

Default Question about windshield pivot and gas tank fill tube.

First question---is there any type of friction washers that go on the windshield pivot bolts? Mine has none and there is a lot of play between the bolt and windshield mounting bracket. Next---the metal strap that secures the gas tank fill tube is badly bent. I can straighten it but someone filled the holes in the fender and I don't know exactly where it goes. Would like some close up pics so I can straighten and secure it. I'm sure I will have more questions as I get further along on my project. Would like to post some pics but pretty much computer challenged. Thanks in advance. Jody

Is this what you’re referring to?

Another angle:

Manual only shows the bolt and nothing else, that is how mine is. It should be a shouldered bolt with the shoulder filling the diameter of the windshield mount, perhaps yours just has a standard bolt allowing for the slop.

Default Pivot bolt and tank fill tube

Nailhead, thanks for the pics. I now know where the strap goes. M38inmaine, my windshield has shoulder bolts but the shoulder portion is smaller than the hole on windshield bracket. Probably the wrong ones---I think I can make some bushings and make them work. Thanks,Jody.