Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best tire pressure.

Default Best tire pressure.

What seems to be the best tire pressure for the XL`s. I went from 80 pounds to 55 pounds, and thought that was ok, but I havn`t messed with it anymore. Also does anybody know of a steering stabilizer that bolts-up easy, brand or part number? This zone is making me lazy! Thanks for any help.

Tire pressure for stock tires?

The manuals recommend 25 in the front and 35 in the rear...

Personally, I run the pressure that puts the tread as flat as possible across the tire on the road...that gives even wear...then record that number...for me, with non stock type but stock size tires, 35 psi on all 4 for everyday is right.

Oh yeah...steering stabilizer...thanks to our member Treepusher:

http://www.m715zone.com/vb/view.php?...ing_stabilizer

Default 38s

Brute, thanks for the link. I got some of those 38`` XL,s on there, that is what I needed some advise on. I `m pretty sure I need less air. Just wondering what others run in theirs.

I'm running 40 psi all around on 38" XL's.
    68 M-715
    67 M-725

I run 40 as well on pavement with no negative effects. They're at 14 right now since 99% of my driving is off-road, to assist the suspension.

Chris

with only 30 psi, my XLs show that they don't contact the road on the outside edges
    It's no little problem.

I run mine at 30 to get more surface area contacting the road. Still not flat all the way across though, but better than 80 psi they started at.

I would suggest you go find an empty mall parking lot. Set all the tires at the pressure you want and start driving around in circles and a few straight sections. Get out and look at the tires. If the outside edges are still dirty, let some more air out. Once you get your turning scuff pressure set, try making a run down the highway and see how they do across the tread.

You will probably find somewhere in the mid 20's is going to be your best pressure.

I use a infrared thermometer to take temps across the tread to do the same thing I was describing above. Either way works.

By the way, my XZL tires are happy at 35 front and 62 in the rear with a fully loaded trailer attached. Without the rear locker, I could probably drop the fronts another 10 psi, but the locker causes it to push in tight turns and that rubs the outside edges of the fronts pretty bad. I have to keep them just a hair up.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Default Cheap tip

Thanks y`all, Im going to let some more air out of them. Cheap-tip, air them up to 80 pounds, its like having power steering! It was so-so not right.