Thread: arctic fuel fired heater gas vs diesel or both

Default arctic fuel fired heater gas vs diesel or both

got a really nice old 715 that had a NOS fuel fired heater put in it($$$$$$$)

I assume since its a gas engine that this guy cant run off diesel?

I'm putting a little turbo diesel in it and need heat and would like to be able to retain this as it WORKS.

About the only thing I could tell you is look for a data plate. May say yea or nay ( like a gas furnace, natural gas v.s. bottle gas jetting change required) Option 'B', from data plate do an on line search for make and model and you should find what you need to know.

With the service manuals there's nice documentation on the heater. My guess yours is gas, if the fuel line is still there it's probably "t'd" off it.

Interesting. The fuel supply is t'd off the fuel pump line. It then goes to an inline electric pump then to the heater.

We know it runs off gasoline but my question deals with if it can be ran off diesel with a little or no modification?

Yes youre right I just need to crawl under there and look.

I can't speak to your specific heater without more info but many heaters of the era were gas or diesel. The shelter heaters were all multi-fuel. We NEVER used gas in them in my Army days because of the dangers. Sometimes the heater fuel pump would load up gasoline because the ignitor was defective or slow. If it did light after a delay; BOOM!!!!
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

Interesting. Ill look at the model number and see if it says anything