I made a lot of progress today. I spent all of this morning going through the 2500's wiring harness. I removed the ABS, cruiser control, HVAC, lights, radio, and other circuits that I won't be using. The harness is a lot less menacing now that it's a bit smaller. It was still an intimidating job. Took me about 4 hours but it's done, and the engine still runs with it! I've routed it in a little bit but I expect to modify it some as time goes on.

All the engine harness stacked on the engine.

The gauges, ignition system, and OBD2 port. I'll change out the cluster for individual gauges later.

the lovely rat's nest I removed

I also couldn't wait any longer so I put the front end back on!

Having the engine run plus the front end back together is a huge morale boost! It feels like I'm working on an actual truck again! The engine fits nicely but the front is still tight.

I'll probably need to remove the threads on the water pump pulley to make room for a radiator.

I also need to fix the radiator mounts as I go. A prior owner had done quite the hack-job before me. I really think I may be able to get it driving by the end of summer or early fall!

Also, my driveshafts came in!