Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shocks???

Yea I drove my truck around for a few months mostly just around the block w/o shocks. I put the old ones back on when I moved couldn't tell the difference probably b/c there not doing much damping anymore. Pull more leaves and you'll probably feel a difference. Id recommend shocks though for the long term or you'll be bouncing up and down all over the place.

The shocks on my 715 are Gabriel gas ryder LT with VST. The # 737901 is stamped on the bottom of the shock, both front AND rear (oh-oh)...... They were on it when i bought the truck.

I measured the stock shocks that came off my truck and the Rancho #'s posted earlier are a pretty close match. The difference reflects the different flex requirements front/rear. If you don't bottom out the shock (on either end) then most any shock will work. Having the shock be the limiting factor for flex is not good for the shock.

Similar Threads

1. shocks
    By chadriley5 in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 4th, 2010, 12:56 AM
  2. shocks ???
    By davemooney1 in forum Modified Tech
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: November 24th, 2008, 01:32 PM
  3. Shocks
    By gonz in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 16