Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaf Spring Bushing NAPA #'s Obsolete?

Default Leaf Spring Bushing NAPA #'s Obsolete?

Napa website no longer returns any part numbers for the spring bushings up front...

It was per the zone:

Front Bushing: NAPA 274-6523
    Rear Bushing: NAPA 274-1185

Anyone know the actual dimensions so I can find maybe a modern alternative?
    67' M715/5.9 Cummins/ZF5/NP205

Quote Originally Posted by venominjected View Post
    Napa website no longer returns any part numbers for the spring bushings up front...

It was per the zone:

Front Bushing: NAPA 274-6523
    Rear Bushing: NAPA 274-1185

Anyone know the actual dimensions so I can find maybe a modern alternative?
    Three years ago, when I ordered them from NAPA, one of the numbers was obsolete, but the counter guy was able to find a substitute.
    Darned if I can find those numbers anywhere in my notes

But, I see that BJ's has both bushings for the front springs

http://www.bjsoffroad.com/M715-M725-...ng_p_1675.html

My truck wandered all over the road so I bought a pair of front springs from AB Linn years ago. New springs, new bushings all at the same time. And, I think they were less than $100 including shipping. I only wish I had ordered rear springs as well. One of the six grease fittings will not accept grease. I guess a little "hot wrench" action may encourage it

Quote Originally Posted by Don Cavey View Post
    My truck wandered all over the road so I bought a pair of front springs from AB Linn years ago. New springs, new bushings all at the same time. And, I think they were less than $100 including shipping. I only wish I had ordered rear springs as well. One of the six grease fittings will not accept grease. I guess a little "hot wrench" action may encourage it
    I took apart my rear springs... and 'drilled out (a drill bit twisting it inside the grease passsage way by hand' all the stud grease passage ways and installed new zerks. grease everywhere now.
    67' M715/5.9 Cummins/ZF5/NP205

I took apart my rear springs... and 'drilled out (a drill bit twisting it inside the grease passsage way by hand' all the stud grease passage ways and installed new zerks. grease everywhere now.
    Good idea, I will have to try that.

This. They also make a special tool for frozen zerks you put penetrating oil in and then inject it in the fitting. I've had mixed luck with it though.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn View Post
    This. They also make a special tool for frozen zerks you put penetrating oil in and then inject it in the fitting. I've had mixed luck with it though.
    I have had the zerk out and replaced it with an new one. The problem is with the grease inside of the bushing. Surely, with a little patience, it will get going. Not bad, one out of six having problems with....

Yeah, been there with the rear spring posts. Like was said use a drill bit by hand and try to get all the old nasty hard grease out. A little bit of heat from a torch might help to get the little plug of grease out of the hole in the post that lets the grease go from the inner passage to the spring bushing. A little right angle pick might help too if can find where the hole in the post is.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn View Post
    Yeah, been there with the rear spring posts. Like was said use a drill bit by hand and try to get all the old nasty hard grease out. A little bit of heat from a torch might help to get the little plug of grease out of the hole in the post that lets the grease go from the inner passage to the spring bushing. A little right angle pick might help too if can find where the hole in the post is.
    All good suggestions, I will try that... AFTER I fix the leaking elbow on my water supply coming into the house. I hate PVC pipe! I always had copper growing up. Never a problem and easy to sweat. But then, I digress...