Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M715 in AZ transport complications

Default M715 in AZ transport complications

Hi All, first time poster, long time lurker. Someone on the Facebook M715 page suggested I post here. If this is not the appropriate forum, mods, please move at will.

I bought an M715 in AZ last week, and I'm in PA. I got some shipping quotes, and all fit nicely in my workable budget, so I paid for the truck, and called shippers. I thought it was like any business, and when you worked out a deal, you got the service. I had no idea this was a business that would eat it's own young, and lie/cheat/claw other brokers to lock in a sale (regardless of actual ability to ship within my requirements)...

Long story short, seller was excessively gracious in dealing with fictional pickup promises from the broker, but eventually had to go back to work out of state. He's not back to unlock the storage for pickup until next week, while the shipper currently has a deposit charged to my Am Ex and is ignoring my texts.

The truck is non-running, and has a bed filled with bulky parts (tires and a Chevy V8).
    I'm worn out and bewildered at the bipolar-ity of the shipping business. I'm currently Considering getting it to a storage place until a shipper or myself can go get it, just to stop being a PITA to the owner. I was going to throw him extra cash for his trouble, but I'm quickly running out...

I'm not sure what I'm asking...But I will take any suggestions offered!

BTW, I have an M715 that I picked up 2 years ago, that we finally dragged up from the woods to get running.

Here's a vid of my 9 year old son's first experience with a backfiring engine:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG4AM5EKL4U

Here's excessive rambling about my truck...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3LOtQie4Lw&t=4s

Default wow!

I can't really help you with your shipping problems, but I enjoyed your videos and wish you luck in getting a little better follow through from your vehicle shipper. They sure do need some better manners.
    Cheers,
    Bryce
    1969 M725 ambulance

I've shipped several vehicles. Sending and receiving. I have always used uship. You can pay with paypal so that helps with a piece of mind. Maybe you can get your deposit back and use someone else. If the shipper doesn't return your calls then you obviously have an issue. Check with the better business bureau and see what their rating is. Maybe other people have had issues. I do know a non-running vehicle always costs more to ship. I hope this helped. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, guys.
    The shipper responded and said he'd refund me and does not want this move. If he fails to follow-through, I can dispute the charge and use his text as proof it was supposed to be refunded, so I'm not worried about the cash anymore. I should also say he didn't argue about refunding, which was unexpected and decent.
    I talked to the original shipper again, and he's confident he can do it with the longer planning window. No contracts or cash until it's in my driveway with that route.
    I'm also looking at a few 1-ton trucks and car hauler trailers in Phoenix and Vegas. Fly there, buy there, haul home, sell once I'm home... Though it wipes out some budgets until they're sold. The adventure is exciting.

Thanks Bryce!

You might contact Casey at Driftco Transport.
    He's from Oregon, but right now he's looking at buying some equipment in Florida, so maybe he could work your load into that...

http://m715zone.com/vb/showthread.php?t=28121
    Quote Originally Posted by Subybaja View Post
    I ran a Uship ad to bring mine from TX to Ak. I got quotes from $3-4k, same as the commercial haulers up here (most of whom wouldn't deal with an almost-8' tall truck).

I ended up paying Drftco Transport $1800. Casey's a one-man operation, and his communication and customer service were great. I don't know if he runs that far east, though.

http://www.drftco.com/

And, throw this up on Pirate4x4 in GeneralChitChat, and see if anyone has backyard space until it's worked out. Pretty helpful bunch of jerks there.

There's also a guy who makes a living doing small-haul cross-country on Pirate. Don't remember his name.

Ditto on Pirate4x4... alot of smaller guys with winch-equipped (non running car) goosenecks and 1, 1-1/4, 1.5 ton (Ram 5500, F450, Chevy 3500, Topkick) guys on that site.
    67' M715/5.9 Cummins/ZF5/NP205

And maybe you could get with this guy to make it a full(er) load for a shipper.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gener...l-paso-ny.html