First off, I know that the SB 400 and the BB 454 were externally balanced and can't be used on the rest. I asked last summer if anybody knew about the 6.5 diesel flywheel and if it can be used on the gas engines and got mixed answers. If somebody wants to jump in about that please do so.

I have a 396 that money allowing I want to put in my M715. But, in the mean time if my 230 continues to leak oil like it did yesterday, I may need to do something in between the two. I have a 283 I built up years ago, it loves to rev beyond 6,000 RPM, and it is just sitting in my shop waiting for somebody to buy it or to be put into something. When possible, I'm cheap. I don't want to have to buy a flywheel for the 283, use it for a few months and then buy another for the 396. Will they take the same flywheel?

I went to the CarQuest in town today and they told me that they can only sell me a ring gear for something that old. No flywheel available. Will a 90's 350 flywheel work on my 396, I know it will on the 283? Or for that matter one for the new SBII 5.3 or 6.0 engines? Please don't send me a NAPA number. I like NAPA just not the guy who owns the only other parts store for 30 miles around. That is another story that may see the BS board someday.

Last thing. I have the flywheel, clutch and pressure plate from the '93 6.5 diesel I got when I bought my NV4500. If the flywheel won't work, will the clutch and pressure plate? They only have about 5,000 miles on them before the 6.5 put a rod through the block.

Thanks