My 396 came from a car with A/C. Therefore, I have the brackets and such to run the long Frigidair compressor. My condensor and evaporator will be from a '90 Mazda. Does anyone see trouble on my horizon with that?

I have the small Nippondenso compressor for the rest of the A/C setup. Building mounts is not a problem. I was just considering the replacement cost. Frigidair=cheap, every junk yard has hundreds vs. Nippondenso= money since the clutch and front seal seem to go on those pretty regular and you often can't find a kit or parts for less than $100 or more.

I also want to add an on board air system. I have several York compressors. I remember from previous post on the old Zone that they are the best for this because of their internal oil capacity. Doesn't the Frigidair have internal oil also?

My choices are Frigidair for the a/c and York for the on board air. This means only one set of mounts to dream up and probably cheaper cost in the long run. The down side is that they both take up a lot of space and are ugly.

Another option is the Frigidair for the onboard air using the stock mounts with the Nippondenso for the a/c system. Again only one set of mounts to make. I just don't know about the long term life of the Frigidair.

My third option is to use the Nippondenso for the a/c with the York for the onboard air. Besides being "what everybody else does", I am having trouble making sense of this one. It would also require me to make two sets of mounts that have to work together. Again not a problem but, why make things difficult.

Thanks for any suggestions.