Thread: parts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default parts

just got a sweet M715. brakes a little weak. where is best place to buy parts for these trucks? i called Kaiser willys - no parts for the M715

ABLinn in Salisbury, NC is the best for most of the parts. He doesn't have a web site though. Just type M715 in on ebay and any add that has a part in a chair will be from him.

Several of us have taken the oppertunity while there in person to get pictures of the famous chair even. I don't have it here at work, but I got one of Colton in the "chair" back in 2006 and again in 2009.

There is also vintage power wagons, saturn surplus and antelope valley. Most of the electrical stuff is the same as other military trucks of the same era too.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Default parts price

memphis equipment co. was 119
    vintage power wagon was almost 90
    saturn was 46

it pays to calla round.

i agree. i get my CJ3B parts from walchs and he gave me the name to someone who can rebuild MS right. but i want to drive this truck in the Memorial Day Parade in Ardmore, PA and not have it sitting in my driveway waiting for the re-build to come back.

If you are replacing the master cylinder you might want to search for threads using the corvette one - better braking power (still a manual unit) but it is a dual piston design so you won't lose all braking with a problem at one wheel. Easy swap.
    भगवान तुम्हें प्यार करता है

There are a lot of opinions about the brakes. I drove one of these trucks in 1969-1970. I never had problems with brakes. They have huge bore wheel cylinders (1 1/16"). I got a NOS master cylinder from Saturn. New (Most likely Chinese) wheel cylinders, NOS brake hoses front and rear, and one axle of brake shoes from AB Linn. I also replaced ALL steel hydraulic brake lines. Each wheel cylinder and the master cylinder were taken apart, cleaned with alcohol and re-assembled with new, fresh brake fluid as a lube. Then, the system was bled and I have a good, firm, high pedal. If I stomp on the brakes, it stops quickly. My brake shoes that came with the truck had some contamination from leaky wheel cylinders so I salvaged enough for one axle and got a new set and installed them on the front. I must say, excellent riveted shoes from AB Linn.

I am not saying that changing to a dual master cylinder and/or power brakes is a waste. I only say that as designed, it just works. It is as the book says and I didn't have to become an engineer which I am not.

"Your results may vary" as they say but I know what worked EASILY for me.

Shoes can be retreaed at your local big truck brake place (look at the yellow pages). Modern wheel cylinders can be found (lots of threads with PNs if you search). There is no point in getting another original master cylinder, as they are a single piston design. Again, a search will yield the part numbers you need.