Thread: bed styles?

I went out and chased down some parts sunday and found a 715 with factory lookin cutouts right behind the cab. they looked like where you would exit the sides. is this rare or something someone made. I am thinking about buying it for $3500, all stock with rebuilt engine. the guy before thought it was bad so he had it rebuilt and the guy that has it now says the dist is out is all. I have the dist out of mine and thought id put it in and start it up and drive it.

You are saying that the side wall of the bed is cut just behind the cab? Never seen anything like that before....but ya never know....might been some odd ball one off thing...
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

it looks factory and as soon as i go back there Ill take some pics. could be a body man playing with the bed, not sure.
    did you get the pics I sent of my 725 in its before condition?
    67 M725, 67 M715, 68 M715

If its white with boggers, I do...4 pics...
    Right now I have a ton of pics to get up on the site...right after I finish the article Krob sent me on converting the Mil wires...bottom line, there coming, but dont start holding your breath just yet...
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

no problem man, just wandered if you got em.
    take care of yourself and hope to see you at the FE this year.
    thats the ugly thing, hope to have it painted before FE comes around and if not itll look like an old icecream truck for sure. white with green stripes. Id better stock it up just in case.

Dave,

Are you talking about a silver dollar sized knock out on the driver's side of the front of the bed? If so, then I think they all have that, with some knocked out and some not.
    If it's something else then it's probably custom and most likely for a fire dept.

-B.

its about two foot long I think and drops down about 6 inches like a low slung door without the hinges and then angled back up to the bed rail. Im going back there friday night so Ill take pics of it. I just kinda glanced at it while lookin for some other parts so Im a little foggy on the looks of it. the truck is suppose to be all stock.

I was going to take pics but the batteries in my camera were dead, found out that someone made it for a water tank to fit in. the truck is lookin better, he started painting it in general green (gloss). he took standard plug wires and took the ends off, stuck a coiled up wire in it and stuck them up into the cap, then, get this now. He took a 12 volt coil and where the power wire goes into dist, he put the coil wire. it fires off the origional points and somehow it reaches the caps coil terminal. it even runs. the origional coil is gone. BOOTY FABBED!

same guy must have done my ignition. still trying to un-fubar it
    "An axe. A real axe. An 'I'm out of ammo, let me grab the axe', type of axe!" steelsoldier FrankUSMC

I took him my dist. but he said he had it runnin and this is what he did so I kept it and was in disbelief