Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1968 International Harvester 1-ton wheels for myM715, fitting issues.

[QUOTE=kwai;"You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel".[/QUOTE]

Ha, you just make that one up? Hilarious . . . .but point taken.
    Bryce
    1969 M725 ambulance

I realized I was being pretty negative.

To correct: With as hard to find as they are, I'd run those wheels. If you were ordering from Summit, I'd say go narrower, but that's not really an option.

My problem with my 9.75s boils down to stupid on my part- low pressure, and non-safety bead 16.5s. Keep your pressure up, and they should be fine.

Some pics (sorry about the size):

I didn't take any thing you wrote as negative. On the contrary, quite helpful. Thanks for the pics- I see they are a tad bit wide, but far from a total mismatch. That does help me a lot with my decision.

Cheers,
    Bryce
    1969 M725 ambulance

Bryce, did you get those IH rims mounted up and working safely?

Default IH rims, update

Not yet. I had other summer projects to work on so the six wheels just sat in my garage since my last post. I did fabricate several steel spacers that filled the void between the wheel and drum, but haven't tried them out yet.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the wheels- especially since I already have a brand new set of five restored original M725 wheels with brand new radial (with radial tubes) Yellow Sea (Chinese military) Michelin knock-off 9:00 x 16 military tires mounted and ready to roll. Haven't driven on them yet as I'm still on blocks in the driveway . . . as the restoration is still underway.

Cheers,
    Bryce
    1969 M725 ambulance

Default IH Wheels?

I wonder if my wheels are the same as yours. I bought them (powder-coated with the Hummer tires mounted) in 2015 from a local zoner who did not know their origin. I didn't even think to check if the mating surface was flat with the drum. Today I noticed there is a stamp near the air valve: 27026
    Attached Images Attached Images

They sure look similar to mine. You have a pic of the backside of the wheel?
    I'm considering selling my set of IH wheels. Turns out that I'm pretty happy with my Chinese military Yellow Sea 9.00 x 16 radial tires (Michelin knock-offs) on stock rims.
    Bryce
    Last edited by brycer1968; October 24th, 2018 at 02:29 AM.
    1969 M725 ambulance