Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AdrenalineJunky's Build Thread

The Bracket is not correct, but the trailer connector is...
    Pretty much just for show... wires are shot

15 bucks...
    Sometimes I see good ones for 25.
    just a heads up

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Military-Jee...c8b8bb&vxp=mtr

Thanks for the help guys. I havent had any time to work on her this week. Been really busy with other stuff. I hope to get more time to start putting new metal in next week and have all body work completed/painted by the end of the month but IDK if that is realistic with the other stuff I have going on (Finals coming up, graduating at the end of May, searching and need to buy a house before my lease runs up in July, etc) . Those pics def helped and I found the pieces I needed in the spare parts boxes. The wires on my trailer connection are shot too (like the rest of the truck) but I plan on putting in a regular style hitch receiver too. I know some other members have custom made them and if any of you took pics of what the mock up was I would be interested. That is a little ways off but I should start planning ahead. I have managed to collect the vast majority of the parts I needed to finish everything up but I have not mocked up where I will be relocating the battery. Right now I am thinking about running a drop box style under the truck somewhere. Because I bought a heatercraft heater, will be rewiring for 12v and can eliminate the flasher/12v converter on the firewall I should be able to have a very minimalistic looking engine bay. On another side note I was able to pick up a Rhino grill!

Got a couple hours today to start rough cutting pieces out to be welded in. The galvanized coating will need to be brushed off and I still have some curved pieces to mock up. I still have a few big and a couple small squares to finish up but the curves will take me a while. I am also debating on what to do for the turn signals up front. I am not a fan of the dual lights look. I may go with pie plates or put 12v bulbs in original fixtures. I think a pie plate with signals behind them would look pretty cool. Anyone have a suggestion? Also I am aware of the rust on the trans tunnel- I didnt want to remove too much structure as I can already tell the cab has slightly shifted. I will be putting on doors to weld it up straight.

Pretty darn good shape for an ORIGINAL grill

Passenger side

Drivers side

Drivers side

Drivers side

Passenger side

Under pass fender

Under driver fender

Forgot one on back of cab

You are doing some extensive work there, and it looks pretty dang good so far! That green will certainly be interesting. Definitely not what you see on these trucks regularly. I'm not usually a fan of really nice paint like that on these things, but this one might be an exception if it comes out well.