Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hydro parking brake

It is a completely separate system that used the stock 715 E-brake handle with linkage that pushes on a 69 Camaro Drum-drum master with both lines T'ed into one going back to a juice caliper one the transfer case. I've got pics in that briefcase link you've been patiently helping with.
    Big Blocks RULE!

O.K. to clear it up- it wasn't a compression fitting. I don't know what they are called- but it is the same type fitting that all my brake lines use. What is that- flare? Anyhow, all the adapters and such that I used are standard brake parts that I got at NAPA. The valve part is the only real part that I question in this as the PSI rating may or may not be right.
    I don't know about the part where you have to have a seperate circuit for the brake. I had none and not really an option to put one on unless I changed my axles, or did a transfer case brake like some others. I thought that a booty-fabbed brake was better than none.

I did, however use this same valve for a few months on the truck and it never blew out or leaked. I will use it around the farm for a while and keep and eye on it.

I guess this is what I needed to add to the original post-
    This type brake may be illegal in your area and even if it's not- it's not the safest idea and as such should be used only on mud trucks where you might have brake failure.
    Sorry. I'll edit now.
    -B.

Spicer, I hate to tell you this . But , your system is not Pa State Inspection approved. Your parking brake system has the ability to leak down , releasing the brakes. Most Pa Inspection Stations that I know of don't even check the parking brakes. Now having said that, with all the new emissions testing that is going to be required , I expect the Inspection Stations to start to get a little more observant. --- B.
    If your not breakin\' something - Your NOT makin\' enough torque !!

I gotta see this Booty Fabbing.
    Shoot me some pics
    Tree, WHAT Tree officer?

I think if that's a seperate circuit in the real world you'll probably be ok... and in -b's part of the world, it's sort of flat anyway, not a huge deal if a PARKING brake fails. I'm checking out the newer drum in hat setups since I am starting from scratch anyway. We'll see.

Here, it's supposed to be a mechanical e-brake too, but the safety inspections are somewhat lax. My ebrake inspection consisted of them pushing the racheting pedal down. Done! Think, then act. And since I heard some Barry White tonight, "Make sweet, sweet love to tha Poe-leece!" hehehe. Moderate THAT yo!
    **I heart Bump_r **

I guess that's moderated alright! points for Barry White.... hahahha

Topical content: attach a lever to the hydro ebrake and inspectors may not notice, they'll just think it's a regular parking brake. Might take some tinkering though.
    **I heart Bump_r **