Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Member Mostly Stock M715

And the E brake... on the 205... : (

Thanks Barrman.

This is what I needed to step forward.
    You just took some stress off what I had pre conceived.

Drives side Pto is what I wanted.

e brake...

Will the stock e brake drum still fly on the 205 ?

Last thing part wise will be finding a PTO for the 205.
    Rare as a Michelin XL 11x 16, I am findng out.

Chelsea and Muncie make a bunch, with loooong part numbers.. Its gonna be a search

Thanks again Professor.

Miles ( and months ) to go before I sleep .

@Blitz
    You are not jacking anything.... any information asked and answered, either by Me or someone else is more knowledge that I and others gain.
    That comment made sense in My head while I was typing it, hope it still makes sense.

TODAY , trying to find out why I can have headlights or parking lights, but not both. Found the wiring diagrams from another thread and tracking down the problem.
    Also will have to find an insurance company, the agent I spoke to at my insurance co. stated that he could not get a policy for this truck... his first problem was not enough digits in the VIN... then he complained that his computer program only went back to 1971. I showed him where the previous owner had insurance on it so I know it can be done.... everything went downhill from there. LOL
    Will get this beast legal and on the road soon tho. Everyone at work wants to see it(her).

just read a thread about ethanol damage.... got me to thinking.
    Does anyone (or everyone) use any type of fuel additive for their stock motor?

The military 3 lever switch is set up to only have parking lights or head lights on. Not both.

However, there is a way to rewire the lights so you have both. Cranetruck on SS did it years ago and posted about it. I had no interest so I don't remember what he did or how. Searching over there will find the answer though.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    The military 3 lever switch is set up to only have parking lights or head lights on. Not both.

However, there is a way to rewire the lights so you have both. Cranetruck on SS did it years ago and posted about it. I had no interest so I don't remember what he did or how. Searching over there will find the answer though.
    I was able to do it on my deuce by using the side marker feed wire when I removed the side markers. I just simply plugged that wire into the marker wire on the large composite lights and taped off the original wire. It works because the side marker lights are on in both positions. To do it on a M715 you'll need to find the wiring diagram for a deuce with the upgraded side marker lights and figure out where they try those in at them do the same on the M715 harness.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Quote Originally Posted by johnnie_w2 View Post
    TODAY , trying to find out why I can have headlights or parking lights, but not both. Found the wiring diagrams from another thread and tracking down the problem.
    Also will have to find an insurance company, the agent I spoke to at my insurance co. stated that he could not get a policy for this truck... his first problem was not enough digits in the VIN... then he complained that his computer program only went back to 1971. I showed him where the previous owner had insurance on it so I know it can be done.... everything went downhill from there. LOL
    Will get this beast legal and on the road soon tho. Everyone at work wants to see it(her).
    My insurance agent stated the same thing. they too told me i was missing VIN numbers. I told them to learn their job and history on older vehicles. I ended up registering it as 1968 Jeep pickup. Once i got the insurance I did the same w the DMV, or MVD. Try that angle

Thanks for all the help.
    I was beating my head against the wall trying to figure out what was wrong with the lights on my truck... turns out they are working the way it was designed too.
    Just ordered the canvas top today, saw a member here sells a pair of the hoops for the top. Will find him and PM for some payment info.
    I have found several prints for the wiring, and will be able to mod the wiring to get the parking lights and headlights to work together.
    So she is coming together, looking forward to driving further than a mile and turn around and run for home.
    Last edited by johnnie_w2; April 23rd, 2014 at 07:32 PM.

update
    saw that the member with the top bows for sale was fishtail, PM sent.
    Just bought the side frames, being shipped.
    Canvas top on the way.
    Getting as giggly as a school girl about getting the parts.

Default gas tank straps

was driving to town today in the 715 and heard some noise, one of the gas tank straps broke and was hanging....lucky the tank held in place to get home, now I need a strap........any suggestions??...email neuby47@hotmail.com