Thread: Sua gm d60?

Default Sua gm d60?

I keep going back and forth on SOA or SUA on my axle swap. The truck is already pretty big so I think it will be more use full if I don't lift it. I have found pics and understand how to do SOA now. Looking at SUA it looks like it might be more difficult, can't find much info on people who have done it that way. Not sure what will have to be done in the way of cutting the pumpkin this way. If anyone has pictures of the spring perches they made to do SUA could you post them up? I would rather move perches then the leafs either way.

Thanks, Matt

I have done several M715 conversions using chevy dana 60s with the springs under.

You do have to cut a little bit of the differential housing, but it is negligible.

Here is the last one.

http://s305.photobucket.com/user/bw1...?sort=3&page=1

Good luck.

Here's a link to what I had done. I really like having the truck sit lower.

Dana 60 Spring Under Swap

Mikel, I may have missed it in your photobucket link, but what have you done for the steering on your sua swaps? I used high steer arms and only have 1" of clearance between the drag link and bottom of the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by jlogan View Post
    Here's a link to what I had done. I really like having the truck sit lower.

Dana 60 Spring Under Swap

Mikel, I may have missed it in your photobucket link, but what have you done for the steering on your sua swaps? I used high steer arms and only have 1" of clearance between the drag link and bottom of the frame.
    Hello,
    I modified the tie rod so the drag link would go there. No high steer arms in my trucks.

Did you guys weld to the center section? If so anything special? Have had good and bad luck welding on 60 pumpkins.....Finally found a front and will hopefully be doing SUA by spring...thanks
    Is that real money?

I plan on high-steer arms.... with heims.... that are on the UNDERSIDE of the steering arms... (exactly like OEM was)

(I'm a Ford Dana 60 Kingpin / Sterling 10.25 rear tho)
    67' M715/5.9 Cummins/ZF5/NP205

sua for me,,,,,,,,,,,, too